No announcement yet.

Rewatching Pacquiao's fights down the years

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
    I didnt say he was on steroids Ive never said that , he beat Oscar Cotto Margarito Hatton Mosley because Hatton Mosley being shot , the others were because match making with the CW big rings etc , nothing to do with steroids although its obvious from what Arum said Manny has been using Toradol since 2009 but thats not a Steriod its a full body pain killer that Pro Footballers say makes you feel like a superman wearing a sheet of armour and can run through walls , thats their words not mine .

Maweathers name was mentioned because he can beat Manny at any weight from 130 to 154 they competed in the same era with many common opponents , how can you not mention one or the other does mention of Floyd beating Manny make you angry .

Try and read to comprehend what I am saying not what you think Im saying .
    Wait a second, many of those same fights you claim are great wins for Floyd...but they're magically shot a year later for Pac...and when Pac beats them they're shot, but get better when Floyd fights after?!?!

DLH - Shot for Floyd and Pac, weight was an issue for Pac but he was a cherrypick gone bad.
    Hatton - One KO above best weight-class, KTFO from a perfect punch in 2rd round. Degrated after Floyd loss, ok mentally a bit but that wasn't some drag out war where you
    Mosley - Shot for both, Floyd just beat him first
    Margarito - Obviously beyond his best days, still a huge, live dog. Pac ended his career with that eye damage.
    Cotto - great win, Pac's first true WW fight. Floyd fought him a few years later and is given credit for that win by you.

Toradol is not a PED nor is it a pain killer. It is an anti-inflammitory and that quote is not backed by science as it is a NSAID, not some crazy pain killer. Technically Ibuprophen is a better pain killer as it is also an NSAID, however has pain reducing properties as well. Placebo affects are placebo affects, feeling like you can run through a brick wall after taking a sugar pill doesn't mean the sugar pill is a PED.

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
      Wait a second, many of those same fights you claim are great wins for Floyd...but they're magically shot a year later for Pac...and when Pac beats them they're shot, but get better when Floyd fights after?!?!

DLH - Shot for Floyd and Pac, weight was an issue for Pac but he was a cherrypick gone bad.
      Hatton - One KO above best weight-class, KTFO from a perfect punch in 2rd round. Degrated after Floyd loss, ok mentally a bit but that wasn't some drag out war where you
      Mosley - Shot for both, Floyd just beat him first
      Margarito - Obviously beyond his best days, still a huge, live dog. Pac ended his career with that eye damage.
      Cotto - great win, Pac's first true WW fight. Floyd fought him a few years later and is given credit for that win by you.

Toradol is not a PED nor is it a pain killer. It is an anti-inflammitory and that quote is not backed by science as it is a NSAID, not some crazy pain killer. Technically Ibuprophen is a better pain killer as it is also an NSAID, however has pain reducing properties as well. Placebo affects are placebo affects, feeling like you can run through a brick wall after taking a sugar pill doesn't mean the sugar pill is a PED.

Oscar Cotto Margarito > CWs and Matchmaking .

All 3 would beat Manny at 154 which is the weight Floyd fought 2 of them .
      Manny even called out Cotto when he held the 154 title and Cotto said no problems no CW and Manny ran off , thats a BS move by Manny if I ever seen one ,because he called him out and he already had beaten the guy , but he knew the weight is what beat Cotto and he cant beat him healthy so he went back to fighting JWWS .

Cotto was 2 bums away from a near end of career cheat beating , Roach said he was not over that beating and ready to be taken , the CW sealed it , Floyd fought the Cotto Manny ducked with no CW and Cotto was coming of beating Margo which was an enormous morale lifter for him , Ive got no doubt that Cotto beats Manny easy at 154 .

Mosley was beat by Floyd coming of a great KO win of Margarito , Mosley fought Manny coming of the Floyd loss and a draw to B grade bum so yes it was a sliding Mosley but no way is the two versions the same if you cant see the difference in the form and timing lol your not looking , and Floyd fought the same Mosley Manny ducked dont forget that .

Hatton came of his biggest loss as a junkie was nearly beaten by Lazcano and then given a soft punching boxer in Pauli , then a trainer fallout etc etc his career was on the rocks going into Manny , I still think Manny would beat the best Hatton but he was shot the night he fought Manny .

Toradol is a systemic pain killer if any if its actions reduce pain no need to talk all scientific when you can listen to the people that take it and its not one its 100s , I think Id rather listen to the athletes that are taking it rather than a label about therapeutic dose for a headache , it must be one hell of a placebo because there are many in sports trying to have Toradol added to PEDS listing , your idea that Toradol is a mild drug is so blinkers on material its a joke , go and research it .

Comment

Originally posted by Chrismart View Post
        Pacquiao Vs Marquez I - SD - May 2004

Scoring controversy :
        Judge Guy Jutras scored the fight 115-110 for Marquez, while judge John Stewart scored it 115-110 for Pacquiao.
        The third judge, Burt Clements, had a 113-113 tie. His scoring included a 10-7 opening round because, he admitted later, he did not realize he could give a 10-6 round. If Clements had scored the opening round 10-6, as the other two judges had, Pacquiao would have won by 113-112 on Clements's card and earned a split decision.
        "I just screwed up," Clements said. "I feel badly because I dropped the ball, plainly and simply. You can make a lot of arguments that it was a very close fight, but that's immaterial. The fact is, I dropped the ball."
        Marc Ratner, the executive director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission, ruled that Clements's admission was no grounds for a protest.
        Proof that it was Pacquiao and not Marquez who was robbed in that fight but of course, so many haters want to say the opposite.
        Last edited by Mr. Punch-Out!!; 02-11-2016, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Oscar Cotto Margarito > CWs and Matchmaking .

All 3 would beat Manny at 154 which is the weight Floyd fought 2 of them .
          Manny even called out Cotto when he held the 154 title and Cotto said no problems no CW and Manny ran off , thats a BS move by Manny if I ever seen one ,because he called him out and he already had beaten the guy , but he knew the weight is what beat Cotto and he cant beat him healthy so he went back to fighting JWWS .

Cotto was 2 bums away from a near end of career cheat beating , Roach said he was not over that beating and ready to be taken , the CW sealed it , Floyd fought the Cotto Manny ducked with no CW and Cotto was coming of beating Margo which was an enormous morale lifter for him , Ive got no doubt that Cotto beats Manny easy at 154 .

Mosley was beat by Floyd coming of a great KO win of Margarito , Mosley fought Manny coming of the Floyd loss and a draw to B grade bum so yes it was a sliding Mosley but no way is the two versions the same if you cant see the difference in the form and timing lol your not looking , and Floyd fought the same Mosley Manny ducked dont forget that .

Hatton came of his biggest loss as a junkie was nearly beaten by Lazcano and then given a soft punching boxer in Pauli , then a trainer fallout etc etc his career was on the rocks going into Manny , I still think Manny would beat the best Hatton but he was shot the night he fought Manny .

Toradol is a systemic pain killer if any if its actions reduce pain no need to talk all scientific when you can listen to the people that take it and its not one its 100s , I think Id rather listen to the athletes that are taking it rather than a label about therapeutic dose for a headache , it must be one hell of a placebo because there are many in sports trying to have Toradol added to PEDS listing , your idea that Toradol is a mild drug is so blinkers on material its a joke , go and research it .
          Funny you seem to not include Floyd's catchweights - JMM (in which Floyd didnt bother making weight) and Alvarez.

Margarito was a catchweight but ABOVE WW so it favored Marg, not Pac.

Cotto and DLH didn't have the tools to beat Pac, it wasn't just weight. Converted orthodoxes will always be easy fodder for someone like Pac. At 154 they'd be more durable sure, but gameplan and skills is how they lost their fight. 154 we'd just see UD's instead of TKO, well Cotto would likely still get TKO'd.

Toradol is a NSAID which can be used to treat pain, it is not some narcotic that kills your pain and grants you euphoric illusions of grandeur. No point in arguing with you on this subject, I base my opinion on science and advise from my RN wife, you base yours on guys that think their lucky underwear makes them win games.

Comment

I enjoyed making my way through some of his back catalogue. His relentless performance against Barrera, his closely fought battles against Marquez, his beating of Hatton. My favourite was probably his Cotto fight, although i really like his performance against Margarito.

He was/is a really special fighter. It was interesting watching him start as a talented, wild, strong puncher and progressing into a world class fighter as his career went along.

I didn't touch on them in the thread, but i rewatched Pacquiao's losses to Morlaes and Marquez also. Both great fights.
            I really enjoyed the Morales trilogy. Rewatching it reminded me of how much i enjoyed Morales's style and career.

It was fun to catch up on some fights i hadn't seen in a while though. It pretty time consuming, but i might rewatch a chunk of De La Hoya's or Leonard's fights next.
            It was also interesting watching the size of his head and whole bone structure of his face change too.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
              It was also interesting watching the size of his head and whole bone structure of his face change too.
              Yawn......

Comment

I didnt say he was on steroids Ive never said that , he beat Oscar Cotto Margarito Hatton Mosley because Hatton Mosley being shot , the others were because match making with the CW big rings etc , nothing to do with steroids although its obvious from what Arum said Manny has been using Toradol since 2009 but thats not a Steriod its a full body pain killer that Pro Footballers say makes you feel like a superman wearing a sheet of armour and can run through walls , thats their words not mine .

Maweathers name was mentioned because he can beat Manny at any weight from 130 to 154 they competed in the same era with many common opponents , how can you not mention one or the other does mention of Floyd beating Manny make you angry .

Try and read to comprehend what I am saying not what you think Im saying .

you sound like an insecure flowmo.

Comment

Yawn......
                  go to bed...

Comment

Manny was a good lower weight fighter that was man made at 140 and above through matchmaking shot fighters and CWs , even when the CWs stopped I dont think he fought a real WW always picking JWWs and bringing them up it was something like 8 fights in a row .
                    Floyd fought at least 5 fighters who were still wet under the ears at WW:
                    Mitchell = 1 fight
                    Ricky Hatton = 1 fight
                    Juan Marquez = 0 fights at 140 and 147
                    Victor Ortiz = 1 fight
                    R Guerrero = 2 fight

cherry picking:
                    Berto, picked Maidana even though Khan won in the polls. Some of the above were cherry picks ..... and then there was that joke called Baldomir.

Admits to getting added advantages before the fight even starts!
                    - CWs
                    - gloves fiasco
                    - IVs
                    - paying off opponent to come over the contracted weight
                    - Gets USADA to help him negotiate shady contracts
                    - Nevada judges who judge in almost every Floyd fight
                    - Crying so that he can get the ref that Floyd wants.
                    - Always fights in Nevada. This is a huge advantage!
                    - Retroactive TUEs

Last edited by ADP02; 02-11-2016, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      Pac and Marquez were both so unbelievable in the second fight. That's the most even fight I've ever seen in my life. Definitely in my all time top 5 favorites.
                      I was going to say this too. I have not watched it in a while but that was a great fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X