No announcement yet.

Death in the ring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death in the ring

Who has witnessed it either watching it live on tv or at a show,sad ly i have seen a few luckily only on Tv,i remember Levander Johnson and thinking that guy needs an ambulance and due to a few safe guards not being in place a man lost his life.

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
    Who has witnessed it either watching it live on tv or at a show,sad ly i have seen a few luckily only on Tv,i remember Levander Johnson and thinking that guy needs an ambulance and due to a few safe guards not being in place a man lost his life.
    Buddy, I watched Mancini-Kim and Ruelas-Garcia on live tv and unfortunitely, quite a few others over the years. Sad moments

Comment

I have seen a few old fights where fighters died after, but I have never seen it live. I actually never heard of the Levander Johnson- Jesus Chavez fight before this.

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
        I've seen a few on TV but have thankfully never seen it live. I have seen quite a few guys get taken out on the stretcher though. Micheal Covington I thought was dead when he got knocked out by Andrew Murray. The punch he was hit with sounded like a gunshot and Covington didn't stir for what seemed like forever. Auggie Sanchez getting carried out after the Hamed fight was also another notable one I recall offhand. From TV I remember jimmy Garcia, Do Koo Kim, Johnson and Kid Akeem. I'm sure their are others I could remember later. The worst in history probably has to be Emile Griffith killing Benny Paret. Brutal ring death!

Comment

is jesus chavez related to omar chavez? a guy died after omar beat him

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Training View Post
            No relation, Omar is one of the sons of Julio Cesar Sr.

Comment

Just Johnson-Chavez live.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Training View Post
                Nazareth died because of a brain hemorrhage, I actually was watching that fight on TV and it was a great fight, very entertaining until that happened. Terrible thing to watch.

Comment

I've seen one or two on old videos where I knew what happened before I watched but never while I was watching boxing in person or on tv.

Comment

if I ever boxed a guy and he died i would seriously consider just hanging em up. but thats just me

Comment

Working...
                    X