Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gerorge Foreman: Wlad won't leave much of a legacy in boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so the wlad fans themselves claim, that he was a wrecking machine with zdunek in his corner, going for the ko and attacking his opponents..

So what was it that happened and caused wlad to be timid, more defensive and looking like a panic attack, when being hit and put under pressure..?

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

And there have been many great athletes past age 30. But that doesn't mean their body wasn't in decline. How many running backs are great in their mid 30's? How about NBA players? Hockey players?

Now on the flip side.....how many great athletes have we seen retire in their 30's? Why do you think that is?

Still waiting for the answers to these questions! Bwwaaahaahaahhaa!!!!
      You are a joke. You keep shifting the goalposts when you don't like the answer you get. You said name one example, I did, you can't refute it and now you want more examples. You wiggle around between "prime," "physical prime," and everything in between.

Athletes who make the effort I was describing re training and nutrition can thrive well into their 30s. Chris Chelios is one example from the NHL. Dirk Nowitzki is 33 and just had his finest playoffs ever and won his first title. You are trying to make a sweeping generalization and it failed miserably.

If it was easy, more people would do it, but it takes more than many are willing to give.

Oh, and the "Bwahahahaha" bit? You're really proving my thesis that you are mentally disturbed.

Comment

Why than in every sport to athletes start to physically decline after the age of 30. There are literally THOUSANDS of examples yet you want us to believe Wlad is the magic exception.

Pull your head out of the sand, the facts can't be argued with. If they can than you will be happy to show me this incredible list of athletes who actually improved and got stronger and faster after 30. Im waiting.
        Originally posted by ChopperRead View Post
        You are a joke. You keep shifting the goalposts when you don't like the answer you get. You said name one example, I did, you can't refute it and now you want more examples. You wiggle around between "prime," "physical prime," and everything in between.

Athletes who make the effort I was describing re training and nutrition can thrive well into their 30s. Chris Chelios is one example from the NHL. Dirk Nowitzki is 33 and just had his finest playoffs ever and won his first title. You are trying to make a sweeping generalization and it failed miserably.

If it was easy, more people would do it, but it takes more than many are willing to give.

Oh, and the "Bwahahahaha" bit? You're really proving my thesis that you are mentally disturbed.

Again I have just proven you a liar who cannot or will not answer the question. You're trying to claim if you "work hard" you can overcome the effects of age. You haven't answered why so many athletes retired in their 30's and you haven't given a single name of an athlete who got stronger and faster in his 30's. You think Nowitzki is faster now than 5 years ago because he had his best season? Lmao! That doesn't have anything to do with the team improvements around him, does it? This is exactly why I used sprinters as an example of how based purely on physical talent athletes don't get better in their 30's. Of course you just keep ignoring that just like you keep lying about the supposed "goal posts" I keep shifting. Show me the post before the one I posted above with me asking for just one example.

Bottom line is, If Wlad has improved so much in his 30's he wouldn't be employing the John Ruiz jab and grab style of boxing, he be using his advantages to follow through with his pre-fight declarations of punishing Haye. So either he hasn't improved or he can't pull the trigger like he use to. Either way Foreman knocks him out like Sanders did, except much more brutally.

Comment

• If Foreman came back & fought Wlad this year, George would KO him.

Comment

• Originally posted by ChopperRead View Post

Not a sweeping generalisation; "A sweeping generalisation applies a general statement too broadly. If one takes a general rule, and applies it to a case to which, due to the specific features of the case, the rule does not apply, then one commits the sweeping generalisation fallacy. This fallacy is the reverse of a hasty generalisation, which infers a general rule from a specific case."

You have done nothing to show how the specific case i.e Wladimir Klitscko is an exception to what Jab has posted. In fact what Jab has presented can not even be described a s a general rule since it is well documented with much evidence to back it up.
            Last edited by Vadrigar.; 07-17-2011, 03:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by -D33Pwaters- View Post
              Not a sweeping generalisation; "A sweeping generalisation applies a general statement too broadly. If one takes a general rule, and applies it to a case to which, due to the specific features of the case, the rule does not apply, then one commits the sweeping generalisation fallacy. This fallacy is the reverse of a hasty generalisation, which infers a general rule from a specific case."

You have done nothing to show how the specific case i.e Wladimir Klitscko is an exception to what Jab has posted.
              I never claimed anywhere that what Agassi and Wlad have done is the norm -- but they and others prove that it is possible to have a "prime" that occurs later than is the norm with most athletes. However, since most athletes like things the easy way, what Agassi and the Klitschkos are able to do will likely never be norm. It is easier to give in to time when you already filthy rich rather than to fight against it.

What I'm saying isn't even controversial, but our lunatic friend JABS knows he has once again been spanked and can't give it up, because, well, he's a lunatic and a stalker.
              Last edited by ChopperRead; 07-17-2011, 03:40 PM.

Comment

I never claimed anywhere that what Agassi and Wlad have done is the norm -- but they and others prove that it is possible to have a "prime" that occurs later than is the norm with most athletes. However, since most athletes like things the easy way, what Agassi and the Klitschkos are able to do will likely never be norm. It is easier to give in to time when you already filthy rich rather than to fight against it.

No its impossible to become faster and stronger in your 30's......unless of course it is you God....THE KLITSCHKO brothers!!!

What I'm saying isn't even controversial, but our lunatic friend JABS knows he has once again been spanked and can't give it up, because, well, he's a lunatic and a stalker.

Spanked? Lmao!! Im getting spanked so bad you've been forced to lie, twist and ignore certain points this whole thread. You got me Chippy, you got me!!!

Comment

I never claimed anywhere that what Agassi and Wlad have done is the norm
                  I don't see how this statement is relevant to my last post. You are making this assertion without even explaining with evidence that Wlad and Agassi HAVE in fact "done" what you claim. My whole point is that your claim can not be an exception until you thoroughly explain why. In short, you are assuming what you have yet to prove (or give evidence for)

-- but they and others prove that it is possible to have a "prime" that occurs later than is the norm with most athletes. However, since most athletes like things the easy way, what Agassi and the Klitschkos are able to do will likely never be norm. It is easier to give in to time when you already filthy rich rather than to fight against it.
                  back up this assertion.

Jab is a knowledgeable boxing fan who has followed the sport for decades. Judging by your responses I cannot say the same for you.
                  Last edited by Vadrigar.; 07-17-2011, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Spanked? Lmao!! Im getting spanked so bad you've been forced to lie, twist and ignore certain points this whole thread. You got me Chippy, you got me!!!
                    JAB where's that hilarious video of that little man getting slapped and stopped in his tracks every time he tries to do something. Post it here, it's quite appropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by -D33Pwaters- View Post
                      I don't see how this statement is relevant to my last post. You are making this assertion without even explaining with evidence that Wlad and Agassi HAVE in fact "done" what you claim. My whole point is that your claim can not be an exception until you thoroughly explain why. In short, you are assuming what you have yet to prove (or give evidence for)

back up this assertion.

Jab is a knowledgeable boxing fan who has followed the sport for decades. Judging by your responses I cannot say the same for you.
                      Hes done with this thread. He knows he's been smoked out and exposed again.

Comment

Working...
                      X