Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Floyd beat an average male in a street fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Average person can't fight, but if you said average street fighter then maybe. Floyd's style isn't really built for real fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
      30/40k a year? Definitely.

Now if this guy were to make 45/50k a year, well then, that's a different story.
      Totally.

but seriously, I think it would depend on the other guy and if he is trained in other martial arts. I wouldn't bet on a boxer in a street fight against someone well trained in other fighting styles. Boxers are usually trained NOT to use anything other than their fists, it would be more difficult for them to be versatile in a street fight where anything goes- elbows, knees, kicks, etc. -goes against their training and instinct.

I could see a Muay Thai guy destroying Floyd pretty quickly, breaking bones and causing permanent damage. He seems pretty scared of those types of fighters, even once referring to them as "savages".

Comment

Originally posted by ea22 View Post
        Average person can't fight, but if you said average street fighter then maybe. Floyd's style isn't really built for real fighting.
        He is fast and has great timing, an average guy who is fit bigger and a decent street fighter wouldn't even get to test his skills before being on the floor from shots he was not able to see from Floyd.

Comment

well that depends if you can get through his bodyguards alive first

Comment

I guess it really depends on your definition of "average male"..

Average U.S. Male on the right side

-oh and BTW I'm from the U.S. so don't hate and call me a racist! :P

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
              He is fast and has great timing, an average guy who is fit bigger and a decent street fighter wouldn't even get to test his skills before being on the floor from shots he was not able to see from Floyd.
              He also has brittle hands, and he could potentially get manhandled before he lands a punch, it's a street fight. I am not saying he would get beat every time but it is a very real possibility. His style is not good for a street fight, his potshotting wouldn't do much good there, in a street fight you would want to be a boxer puncher, swarmer, or even a brawler. Keep in mind that the objective wouldn't be to avoid damage but to inflict as much damage as you can, there are no rounds, and no ref; Mike Tyson would have the right idea.

Comment

He also has brittle hands, and he could potentially get manhandled before he lands a punch, it's a street fight. I am not saying he would get beat every time but it is a very real possibility. His style is not good for a street fight, his potshotting wouldn't do much good there, in a street fight you would want to be a boxer puncher, swarmer, or even a brawler. Keep in mind that the objective wouldn't be to avoid damage but to inflict as much damage as you can, there are no rounds, and no ref; Mike Tyson would have the right idea.
                Your average guy cannot fight for a full three minute round, he could use his boxing, move, and the average guy would tire himself out in like 90 seconds from missing punches and being so tense then just a clean right from Floyd should do it.

I don't see an average guy beating Floyd no weapons involved here.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                  Your average guy cannot fight for a full three minute round, he could use his boxing, move, and the average guy would tire himself out in like 90 seconds from missing punches and being so tense then just a clean right from Floyd should do it.

I don't see an average guy beating Floyd no weapons involved here.
                  You didn't read my first post correctly, I said the average street fighter, not the average person, the average person can't fight for ****.

Comment

You didn't read my first post correctly, I said the average street fighter, not the average person, the average person can't fight for ****.
                    Street fights are usually over fast, time would be on Floyd's side. Its not like people train for street fights really, they are just tough strong alpha male types insecure about their penis size.

Comment

smh people are softer than ever right now. chins that have never been touch, straight pointy noses, fools rocking wifebeaters with bird chests. i celebrate every i see an old grandpa's boxing beat the **** out of these new age street fighting experts who were trained in the art of youtube. fight me then

Comment

Working...
                      X