Mayweather Weighs 147 Right Now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayweather Weighs 147 Right Now?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/boxing-...GlvbnM-;_ylv=3

This is just the fourth day of Mayweather's training camp, but he weighs just 147 pounds.
    "Did you see that?" Edwards said. "I've been around boxing for many, many years, and I've never seen anything like it. I'm totally serious when I say this, but he's ready to fight tomorrow.

"He started on Monday, and it was like he'd been here for six weeks already. I honestly can say that in all my years in boxing, I haven't seen a thing like it."
    "All of my years in boxing, so many, many years, and I have never seen anyone like him," Garcia said. "If they called him this minute and said, 'Hey Floyd, the fight is tomorrow,' he'd be ready. You just don't see this in guys, even the best ones.

It's crazy how they love to leak his weight months in advance, but come fight night, he gets all scale shy

Comment

Hope he doesn't peak too soon for his sake.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
        It's crazy how they love to leak his weight months in advance, but come fight night, he gets all scale shy
        Pretty much this.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
          Hope he doesn't peak too soon for his sake.
          Yeah he may lose too much weight and have to worry about gaining weight to lessen the big weight differential

Comment

He's not scale shy. He was 150 for the Ortiz fight and was 146 or 148 a month before the Ghost fight. You think he's 165 on fight night or something?

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
              He's not scale shy. He was 150 for the Ortiz fight and was 146 or 148 a month before the Ghost fight. You think he's 165 on fight night or something?
              Why does he refuse to step on the scale fight night? He's let them show his fight night weight 1 time in the past 6 years. That's something you'd expect from a serial weight abuser like Chavez Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                If it's nothing outrageous, why doesn't he just allow himself to be weighed?

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                  If it's nothing outrageous, why doesn't he just allow himself to be weighed?
                  Mind games, trying to trick people off their game plan of out mauling him because they think they have a weight advantage; coupled with Floyds strength which many fighters stated how it shocked them, in the ring those factors gives them bigger guys a mind ****, making them think instead of fight.

As a Mayweather fan do i believe Floyd walk around at 150 hell no, thats very visable with the side by side Canelo pics, he probably walks around at 150-157, his tall lanky build hides the weight well though
                  Last edited by sbbigmike; 07-19-2013, 01:18 PM.

Comment

I always tell people that Floyd did it in pretty much every fight in his career. U can look it up. Then he fought Oscar who was known for being the only guy in boxing who never got on the scales so Floyd wouldn't do it either for that fight and I guess it just stuck. Still, I think its been clear that he's smallest if u just go by his history before Oscar, his Ortiz fight, his 30 day weigh-in for Ghost, and now this

Comment

Working...
                    X