No announcement yet.

Calzaghe: "Dawson is the LHW version of Pavlik. He hasn’t proved himself!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silencers View Post
    I'm pretty sure he was the underdog against Adamek.
    I thought it was close but I would have thought Dawson was slight favourite.

Comment

Dawson was the underdog, he had just moved up to light heavyweight 2 fights before and his only notable win at that weight was beating an old Eric Harding, Adamek was considered one of the top light heavies in the world.
      Last edited by Silencers; 11-11-2008, 05:44 AM.

Comment

yeah, and maybe even against johnson too, i don't think anybody thought that fight was in the bag for dawson. ****, even half the posters on here were expecting tarver to beat him

Comment

Yeah dawson was the underdog going into the adamek fight, But i think he needs another big-name fight before he can push for the Calzaghe fight.

For some reason calzaghe's last few bout looks similar to Floyd mayweather's.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyShitHot View Post
            My question to all of you is, has Dawson ever won a fight that he wasn't the favourite to win? He was the heavy favourite against Glen Johnson and nearly got his arse handed to him so no I don't think he's proven yet. Most people understand this except calzaghe haters who just want to see him continue on against younger fighters in the hope that he'll lose.

Even if Joe fought Dawson and won as most people would expect him too, you guys still wouldn't be happy. You'd then start saying **** like 'Calzaghe can't retire, he still ain't proved ****, Dawson was nothing, all he ever did was beat an old Tarver. Calzaghe ain't **** until he's beaten the beast that is Tavoris Cloud. Calzaghe's ducking Cloud, that is his legacy.'

Sometimes I wonder if you dumb ****s even realise how biased you are.
            Watching fights and what is going on in boxing is very important, especially in this situation. Peter Manfredo deserves a shot at Calzaghe because he was on the contender and not even a mandatory? Please, Dawson is a young 2 time world champion and is on the top of his game right now. If you look at it, Dawson is more proven than both Lacy and Kessler, so i don't see why Dawson needs to prove himself. Many people that i have discussed this with firmly believe that Joe simply doesn't want the fight. It is a smart idea, especially when he wants to retire unbeaten. Since you are not shot, why not take on young risks to prove your legacy?

Definitely, he was about a 2 in a half to 1 if i am remembering right.

Comment

Dawson is more proven than both Kessler and Lacy were imo.

Joe should either fight Dawson or Hopkins then retire.

Comment

Originally posted by Flawless 2 View Post
                LOL Did Hopkins ass touch the canvas?? Did Hopkins admit he was hurt after the fight like Calzgahe did?? How many people scored it for Hopkins. Associated Press, Yahoo, and ESPN scored the bout 114-113 for Hopkins.
                But you forget the judges never and thats all that counts
                Beside on what merit should calzaghe give Hopkins a rematch !??
                Is it because when Hopkins fought calzaghe like like Roy Jones did !? like a man ?? or is it because he held,hugged,shamed is way threw their first fight!? like a spoiling ***** ?PMSL

Comment

Originally posted by phallusy View Post
                  yeah, and maybe even against johnson too, i don't think anybody thought that fight was in the bag for dawson. ****, even half the posters on here were expecting tarver to beat him
                  Yeah, I'm not sure about the official odds for that fight, I think Dawson was perhaps the slight favorite because a lot of people though Johnson had lost a step or two.

Originally posted by raycorey View Post
                  Yeah dawson was the underdog going into the adamek fight, But i think he needs another big-name fight before he can push for the Calzaghe fight.

There's no one else besides Calzaghe and Hopkins for him to fight that would be considered a big name, who else is there? He's already beaten the big names in the division.

Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
                  Definitely, he was about a 2 in a half to 1 if i am remembering right.
                  Thanks, was wondering about the official odds.

Comment

if dawson beat diaconu or erdei and became unified champ, calzaghe would fight him. if joe were to win, he'd basically be undisputed at 175 and 168, a great way to end any career

Comment

No big name wants to face him as of now. Hopkins doesn't want the fight, Jones just lost to Joe, Tarver is already taken care of, Johnson is already taken care of ect. Calzaghe is the only big name left in the division. Also, the reason why Calzaghe and Mayweather's last few fights have been similar is because both have been very safe in picking their opponents. Either past their prime legends or opponents that they are sure of beating, and that's no disrespect to them of course. But if they want to be remembered as all time greats, they will also have to fight the young guys.

Comment

Working...
                      X