Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of Dodie Boy Penalosa?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of Dodie Boy Penalosa?

I like this kid he has good speed, good accuracy, good power, can fight on the back foot, can fight off the ropes, very poised under pressure. It's still early in his career but I think he got the goods.

LOL, I thought you meant the two time world Champion. Now I know you mean his son, Dodie Boy Jr.

Well he has the genes. He's a promising young fighta.

Comment

Really impressed with him. He seems to have it all. He's quick, moves around the ring nicely and has decent defense. Power seems to be good also.

Only thing I could say is he could work on some more punch variation. He was spamming the left hand a lot,

Either way he looks promising.

Comment

Power, speed and can fight backwards. Plus his father is a former world champion, he's a promising prospect.

Comment

yah dodie boy was impressive..he fights smart and on top of that has some good punching power (10 straight kos). he's only 21 years old too, so he has alot ahead of him..

Comment

Looks good.

Nice power, speed of hand/foot. Don't agree with the assessment he can fight off the ropes, what makes you think that? Didn't see too much of him fighting on the back foot either. Will keep my eye on him, hopefully he's matched against a better opponent next.

I don't think he's anything special though.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
              Really impressed with him. He seems to have it all. He's quick, moves around the ring nicely and has decent defense. Power seems to be good also.

Only thing I could say is he could work on some more punch variation. He was spamming the left hand a lot,

Either way he looks promising.
              Yeah I think he should use his right hook more often and mix it up with combinations. We'll see how much he improves over the course of his career.

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
              Don't agree with the assessment he can fight off the ropes, what makes you think that?
              I don't know, maybe the fact that he knocked his opponent senseless while fighting off the ropes?

Comment

He is way better than Gesta...Gesta might have been the worst fighter I have ever seen receive hype in any form

Comment

Him and genesis are fighters I'm looking out for

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                    Yeah I think he should use his right hook more often and mix it up with combinations. We'll see how much he improves over the course of his career.

I don't know, maybe the fact that he knocked his opponent senseless while fighting off the ropes?
                    Herrera can fight off the ropes, this guy cannot. Just because he scored a KO whilst on the ropes doesn't mean he's any good on them. He landed a couple of right hooks before the last one that sparked him, his opponent was pretty poor.

Comment

Working...
                    X