Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Higher On A ATG List, Felix Trinidad or Sonny Liston?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Higher On A ATG List, Felix Trinidad or Sonny Liston?

???
    ???
    ???
    Trinidad
    38.89%
    Liston
    61.11%

If you go on accomplishments, there is no comparison. I mean Liston's record in world title fights was 2-2. It would take me awhile to tally up Trinidad's.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
      If you go on accomplishments, there is no comparison. I mean Liston's record in world title fights was 2-2. It would take me awhile to tally up Trinidad's.
      That's how I see it.

Comment

I go with Tito in this one.

Comment

Trinidad.....

Comment

Tito trinidad...

Comment

To my mind neither belong on a p4p ATG list: Liston because he was a Heavyweight and Trinidad because he barely cracks the top-15 at Welterweight. If you're having to dip 15 slots into a weight class to put people on a p4p list that's going to be a hell of a long list.

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                To my mind neither belong on a p4p ATG list: Liston because he was a Heavyweight and Trinidad because he barely cracks the top-15 at Welterweight. If you're having to dip 15 slots into a weight class to put people on a p4p list that's going to be a hell of a long list.

Poet
                Just out of interest, who would you rank above Tito at 147?

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post

Poet
                  But, you act like that is a bad thing. Is not like the WW division is the CW or SMW division with really not much history..

WW is one of the 8 original weight-class as you know, and is arguably one of the greatest, deepest, talented division ever along with MW. So to barely crack your top 15 ATG list speaks volume, you add with being a 3 division titlist thne I don't see why he doesn't belong on a P4P ATG list.

But, then granted does depends if you talking top 50 or top 100 or what have you. Top 50 I don't think neither is in it.

Top 100 I am not if either is in it or not but I think they have somewhat of a case argument. Especially Tito IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by katsidis View Post
                    Just out of interest, who would you rank above Tito at 147?
                    Just out of the top of my head in no order

SRR
                    Hearns
                    R. Leonard
                    Mclarnin
                    Gavilan
                    Walker
                    Burley
                    Napoles
                    Walcott
                    Armstrong
                    Ross
                    Basillo
                    Briton
                    Ted Kid Lewis
                    Rodriguez
                    Whitaker
                    Duran

That is like 17 names. More than half should clearly rank higher than Tito. The rest might have a case to be rank higher at WW than Tito. Some more than others.

And, I am probably missing a couple names, I don't know... The WW division has a very rich deep history.

Comment

Working...
                    X