Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a mosley fight would have been awesome fight

Comment

Originally posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
      Thanks for the info. He is a good fighter that that wasn't to recognized in America. He was a lil inactive and hard to keep track of his career at that time
      No problem.

And, yea good fighter with not a lot of name value and inactivity but he was a pretty solid fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        No problem.

And, yea good fighter with not a lot of name value and inactivity but he was a pretty solid fighter.

Harry Simon is actually still fighting well at least he fought this year.

I truly believe Winky beat him and got robbed.

On the other topic, if you are talking about 1997, I think Tito would have destroyed Terrible Terry at that point. I think a big right hand would have found Norris early.

I always used to get mad when people overstated Tito's power and understated his boxing skills. He didn't look bad at all, boxing wise, until his really long layoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
          Harry Simon is actually still fighting well at least he fought this year.

I truly believe Winky beat him and got robbed.

On the other topic, if you are talking about 1997, I think Tito would have destroyed Terrible Terry at that point. I think a big right hand would have found Norris early.

I always used to get mad when people overstated Tito's power and understated his boxing skills. He didn't look bad at all, boxing wise, until his really long layoffs.
          I first got wind of Tito having problems making 147 in 1997. So when I first heard that is when I wanted him to move up and fight Norris who was still the champ and lost at the end of the year against Keith Mullings I think? So that is my reason for wanting the fight in 1997. I think Tito would of stopped him too. I heard it didn't happen though cuz Papa Trinidad didn't want the fight. I also heard is cuz of Don King involvement.

And, I agree, if you look at Tito early years. The 1993-1997 he showed very good boxing skills. Had a really good jab, went to the body, and he was no Whitaker, no defensive wizard. But, he could slip, duck, and avoid punches. His defense wasn't that bad. He really did have good boxing skills. His accuracy was outstanding. That why it kills me when people on here think he was just a one dimensional fighter. When he really wasn't.

Like you mentioned his long layoff didn't help and also I think the way he was stopping some guys made him fall in love with his power too much to the point he forgot about the tools he possessed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sombras View Post
            Too bad there's divas like Juan Maricon Lopez representing PR now.
            Hey! We can agree on something!

Comment

Working...
            X