Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name a fighter that you think could have DECISIONED Prime Roy Jones.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marvin Hagler

Comment

Spinks at LHW beats jones

Comment

Michael Nunn,hagler and i think chris eubank would of stood a chance aswell

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          Could have? At MW I think Hagler, Nunn or Winky were all good enough to have at least a decent chance.
          Winky? No way. Hagler would have the best chance out of those listed

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
            Charles, Spinks and Tunney all beat him. I don't know if by decision or stoppage.
            you have to be kidding me about Tunney.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
              you have to be kidding me about Tunney.
              why would I?

Comment

Hagler couldn't beat SRL and his his pitty pat last 30 second spurts, no way he beats a prime RJJ that throws a lot more punches, and was faster than SRL when he beat hagler. Roy was more elusive than Ray, who gave Hagler some real trouble with his movement.

Spinks was not faster than Roy, nor did he have a ton of power either, i don't see how anyone has him winning over RJJ.

Holyfield might though, the way he mauls people and imposes himself on opponents and wears them down, and same for Quawi, but I still like Roy to have a great chance if he stays off the ropes and boxes as he did in his prime.

As for Calslappy...get the F outta' here, prime Roy would beat his butt every time.

Comment

Originally posted by british_fan View Post
                  Spinks at LHW beats jones
                  He might win one if they fought 10 times, but I think it's highly improbable that Spinks decisions Jones.

Comment

Hagler has the best chance, but i don't think he could beat him. If leonard made a lot of trouble for hagler, Imagin what would 've bigger,stronger,faster roy do to him.

Comment

Originally posted by T.McGrady View Post
                      Hagler has the best chance, but i don't think he could beat him. If leonard made a lot of trouble for hagler, Imagin what would 've bigger,stronger,faster roy do to him.
                      That was Hagler's last fight. I don't think that's a good judge of Hagler. That's akin to saying if Tarver can wreck Roy Jones Jr than Hagler would do much worse, which is silly.

Comment

Working...
                      X