No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tony Thompson-David Price II: Pre-Fight Report Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tony Thompson-David Price II: Pre-Fight Report Card

By Cliff Rold - It all makes sense until the punch lands.

It’s a lesson many a boxer has learned. Sometimes, the punch lands and the wounded escape, regroup, and find victory. Sometimes, they have an “L” to learn from.

It’s a rare thing for a developing fighter in the latter category to elect to go right back at a man who just put them on their rear. Maybe in another time, when fighters were building their records with monthly (and more) fights.

That time was a long time ago.

David Price seemed to have things going his way for all but the wrong split second. Tony Thompson, despite showing up at his worst weight since 2004, left knowing the only Heavyweight who has been able to beat him since a four round decision in 2000 is Wladimir Klitschko.

Can Price right his ship? Can Thompson, despite again coming in heavy, keep himself in the thick of things? [Click Here To Read More]

A points win isn't enough for Price. Only a knockout will do. He's known as a knockout artist.

Whether he gets it or not we'll find out....

Comment

I'm a little surprised Price only gets a B for power. That said I think the same thing happens again. As much as I like Price, the shot that wrecked him in their first encounter wasn't even a big shot, he's clearly chinnier than Khan, which is saying something. I'll be rooting for him though.

Comment

Originally posted by fladz View Post
        I'm a little surprised Price only gets a B for power. That said I think the same thing happens again. As much as I like Price, the shot that wrecked him in their first encounter wasn't even a big shot, he's clearly chinnier than Khan, which is saying something. I'll be rooting for him though.
        I almost went B+ but he doesn't have the sort of opp quality to justify it just yet.

Comment

Where can I watch this fight in the US?

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
            I almost went B+ but he doesn't have the sort of opp quality to justify it just yet.
            While his opponents haven't been very good, many of them have shown solid chins. I think his power is legit.

Are there pictures about from the weigh-in? I didn't realise Thompson came in heavy again. I guess I believed his talk.

Comment

Working...
            X