No announcement yet.

Is Vitali unbeatable?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ben_London View Post
    You're the idiot lol. You think I came up with this JUST after watching one fight like this? It's based on his whole career.
    I get what you are saying. Honestly I don't know why people bring up the byrd loss when Vitali was clearly dominating that fight.

Also that lennox lewis fight.....well we may never know how that would have turned out if it wasn't for that freak injury. Now if Lennox would have cut him up initially with a punch, that is one thing, but the only reason Vitali eye was torn up was via Lennox thumb. That **** rarely happens in boxing but how anyone can hold that against Vitali is beyond me.

It's kinda like some water being in a corner, and a fighter slipping and tearing his knee up. How often does that **** happen in boxing? Rarely, just like a thumb causing an eye injury like that.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
      As of late Vitaly has barely lost a round in his last few fights and was ahead against Lewis in a close fight. Its not like he was being beaten around the ring and the fight was stopped.
      But, Lewis did open cut, and the fight was stop and he lost.

Excuses out the window he lost.

And, he has 2 losses to the best fighter he has faced. That is all there is to it. It would be one thing if those losses were robberies. But, they weren't they were legit losses. Were they not?

Comment

Nowadays, I am having trouble coming up with anyone who would beat either brother.

It's certainly possible, but I can't even think of a name at this point.

Comment

I don't think anyone is unbeatable, but Vitali would be a nightmare for any HW in any era. I personally see him crushing guys like Holyfield, Tyson (and Tyson is my boy), Bowe, Frazier, Louis (only because Joe would be too small) and others.

Ali is the only guy I would feel confident in picking over him. Also Lennox Lewis as well.

I think a fight (Lewis vs Vitali) in which both showed up, minus a freak injury and Lennox training proper, would be an all out war and a toss up fight.
          Last edited by Khalid X; 10-17-2010, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
            But, Lewis did open cut, and the fight was stop and he lost.

Excuses out the window he lost.

And, he has 2 losses to the best fighter he has faced. That is all there is to it. It would be one thing if those losses were robberies. But, they weren't they were legit losses. Were they not?
            Fair enough but if were going to throw the excuses out the window then lets leave the Lewis was past prime and out of shape excuses out too. The Byrd loss was not a legit loss imo he was dominating and suffered an injury.

Comment

We need Haye V Vitali asap. I cant see how anyone can beat the guy.

Ps: Just to explain something to people was call the Klitschko's Russian, they are from Ukraine:

Comment

Fair enough but if were going to throw the excuses out the window then lets leave the Lewis was past prime and out of shape excuses out too. The Byrd loss was not a legit loss imo he was dominating and suffered an injury.
                How many fighters suffer injury and keep on going?

How is it not legit when he quit?

That was a legit lost plain and simple cuz he quit.

But, you do know that Lennox was past his prime and out of shape right against a prime Vitaly? And, it was Lennox that open a cut that stop the fight. No matter who was winning at the point Lewis opened the cut. Which makes it legit.

Comment

The only way we can find out of he is beatable or not is if he sleeps with Hayden.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                    How many fighters suffer injury and keep on going?

How is it not legit when he quit?

That was a legit lost plain and simple cuz he quit.

But, you do know that Lennox was past his prime and out of shape right against a prime Vitaly? And, it was Lennox that open a cut that stop the fight. No matter who was winning at the point Lewis opened the cut. Which makes it legit.
                    Technically it is a loss but imo there is a difference in losing a fight like the way he did to Byrd and being beaten by the better man. Im not sold on the Lewis being past prime theory either his last fight was about a year earlier but he dominated and he didnt fight after the Vitaly fight to show that his skills were eroded. Maybe he just ran into a guy who made him look bad and if he would have continued to fight lesser guys he may have maintained his dominance.

Comment

Technically it is a loss but imo there is a difference in losing a fight like the way he did to Byrd and being beaten by the better man. Im not sold on the Lewis being past prime theory either his last fight was about a year earlier but he dominated and he didnt fight after the Vitaly fight to show that his skills were eroded. Maybe he just ran into a guy who made him look bad and if he would have continued to fight lesser guys he may have maintained his dominance.
                      He didn't look past prime cuz he was fighting a shot Tyson. But, he was past prime then. Don't confuse past prime with being shot. I am not saying Lewis was shot but was past prime and had been for a few fights prior to Vitaly. However, a past prime Lennox is still a damn good Lennox.

Just like Vitaly is past prime now. He is not shot but not in his prime. And, a past prime Vitaly is still a damn good Vitaly.

And, Lennox was also out of shape. But, it really doesn't matter cuz at the end he won that fight.

Of course there is a difference. However, fighters suffer injury and keep on going. Vitaly suffered that nasty cut where eye was going to come out of his socket and he was still willing to continue. Chris Byrd is not a puncher at all. Vitaly IMO could of sucked it up(like other fighters and he himself has done) and kept on going and not worry about anything with Byrd and would have won that fight. But, no he lost and that is all there is to it.

You look at his resume and he has suffered a lost against the best fighters he has faced. All the fighters he has beat are not better than Byrd or Lewis. And, he didn't get robbed in either.

Comment

Working...
                      X