Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In the past 3 fights Pacquiao has weighed in at 145-147 on the day of the fight. Why

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the past 3 fights Pacquiao has weighed in at 145-147 on the day of the fight. Why

do people think fighting at 147 will slow him down?

he doesn't have to cut any weight. if anything, he will have an advantage because his opponent is slower than usual.

they weigh fighters the day of the fight?

manny's speed won't save him.
    Even if what you write is true, DLH will still come in at nearly 160 and with a much larger frame. Pacman might be lifted off his feet by Oscar's brutal uppercuts. He'll knock Pac's carefully chosen socks off
    Last edited by FloydsEra; 09-22-2008, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by adobostreak View Post

he doesn't have to cut any weight. if anything, he will have an advantage because his opponent is slower than usual.
      this means he will be like at 155-158 on the day of the fight against de lahoya , at 5'6 thats too heavy

Comment

Originally posted by Stuntin View Post
        they weigh fighters the day of the fight?

Even if what you write is true, DLH will still come in at nearly 160 and with a much larger frame. Pacman might be lifted off his feet by Oscar's brutal uppercuts. He'll knock Pac's carefully chosen socks off
        lol i couldnt stop laughing.

but seriously imagine the look on pacquiaos face when he hits oscar with his best full blast left straight the one he rarely uses anymore, and then oscar smiles back at him? pacman will cower and gulp like in the cartoons and in his head say oh ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Domain View Post

but seriously imagine the look on pacquiaos face when he hits oscar with his best full blast left straight the one he rarely uses anymore, and then oscar smiles back at him? pacman will cower and gulp like in the cartoons and in his head say oh ****.

imagine the look on YOUR face if he drops him...LMFAO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by adobostreak View Post

A lot of guys cut weight to make a certain weight class, then rehydrate a lot. Williams, Cotto, Gatti, etc...Some fighters, like Mayweather and Judah, don't put on much weight after the weigh-in.

Moving up in weight means you'll be fighting bigger guys. De La Hoya hasn't allowed himself to be weighed on fight night since 2000, but he probably weighs around 160 or so on fight night, which is a pretty big advantage over Pacquiao's 145-147.

Comment

Originally posted by Domain View Post

yeah, pac's got funny facial expressions. I can't wait to see him get caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

Comment

This is a good bet to place some wagers on guys...if you're so sure. DLH is only 2:1 favorite... can you believe it? laughing...go get it guys! Place your wagers at 5dimes. Thank you.

Comment

I expect Manny to weigh in at 145-146lbs on Friday, and around 149-150lbs on Saturday. He'll still look ripped as usual and maintain his speed and power. Afterall, he's gonna be training for it at around that weight so he'll know what kind of speed and power he has at it. Manny will most likely perform at optimal, but it's about how Oscar comes in.

Comment

I see Pacman getting a few pot shots if that, by the 5th or 3rd round man, he's getting brutally K.O'd

Comment

Working...
                    X