Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abner Mares Targets Ponce De Leon vs. Velez Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

De Leon would knock Mares the **** out!! Style wise Mares is all made up for Ponce. Featherfisted pressure fighter with half-decent defense and a willingness to trade.

De Leon sparks him out Escalante style!!!

Comment

Just like I thought he would. If Donaire moves up and wins a title at 126 we will be faced with the same thing over again as far as GB and TR trying to make a fight.

Comment

Props to Mares for having the balls to fight a power puncher like Ponce. The reason I say Ponce is because I think he's going to win against Velez. Oh ****, there fighting in NYC, never mind he might get robbed like Burgos did against Martinez. You know PR's get gift decisions in NYC, especially against Mexicans!

Comment

I hope Mares learns some new head movement because he has a good chin but does get hit a lot. featherweight bouts all end in ko

Comment

Velez will beat ponce he has the power to hurt him and finish him I don't see mares making much noise at 126

Comment

Mexicans get gift descions also ****** remember de la hoya in his prime remember chavez against whitaker and other fighters. and if juanma ko ponce de leon velez will have a field day with him learn about boxing

Comment

Originally posted by jjosue7 View Post
                Mexicans get gift descions also ****** remember de la hoya in his prime remember chavez against whitaker and other fighters. and if juanma ko ponce de leon velez will have a field day with him learn about boxing
                Ponce by KO but if it goes to decision, Velez, cuz we all know how NYC is a PR's home away from home! PR's get gift decision's on a perpetual basis as oppose to Mexicans. I'm not dissing the PR's just calling it like it is. Don't get so but hurt on these threads, especially when its the truth lol

Comment

People shouldn't sleep on Velez. Dude has some speedy hands. Saw some vids on him a while back and I was impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by jjosue7 View Post
                    Just cuz Juanma beat Ponce doesn't mean its a guarantee that Velez will jacka$$! I saw that fight duma$$, I remember it was the undercard of the Pavlik-Lockett fight. Velez is overrated and didn't beat anyone worth mentioning, Ponce isn't the best boxer but he has one hell of a left hand that put mofo's to sleep and that is what I'm banking on! War Ponce!
                    Last edited by BIGLEX; 02-07-2013, 11:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
                      Velez will beat ponce he has the power to hurt him and finish him I don't see mares making much noise at 126
                      Of course you don't cuz he ain't Puerto Rican!

Comment

Working...
                      X