No announcement yet.

Drug Testing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drug Testing

Just wondering what peoples general view on drug testing should be...

Personally I believe it should be mandatory for ALL licensed boxing matches due to the health risks that could be caused to fighters facing a guy who could be artificially improving his strength and stamina.

If you don't think it should be mandatory, why? Just intruiged.
    All fights
    77.78%
    World Title fights
    0.00%
    All Title fights
    22.22%
    When requested by a boxer
    0.00%
    Only if the contract states
    0.00%
    It's not important
    0.00%

Most boxers prefer VADA. It's cheaper, reliable and trustworthy.

Comment

TEST THEM ALL!

It is a combat sport where NO ATHlETE SHOULD EVER SAY NO. I dont care about pride, needles, contract, or whatever excuse they want to come up they should take the test.

VADA or USADA i dont care both are the same regardless of what some testing agency fanboys say

Comment

In a perfect world, all fighters would be subjected to random drug testing so long as they're professionals. Not only for upcoming fights but year round as well. Having the thought that at any given day I could be tested would help a lot, IMO. It's great that fighters are doing it for such and such fight, however, i think it would benefit boxing as a whole if everyone would be treated equally.

Comment

All fights where financially viable.

Comment

Originally posted by CraigM View Post
            Just wondering what peoples general view on drug testing should be...

Personally I believe it should be mandatory for ALL licensed boxing matches due to the health risks that could be caused to fighters facing a guy who could be artificially improving his strength and stamina.

If you don't think it should be mandatory, why? Just intruiged.
            If you're talking Olympic style advanced random testing, then it should not be mandatory for all fighters. It's too expensive for everyone to use. Instead of being traditionally a sport for the poor trying find a way out of trouble and poverty, it'll become a sport for the rich who could afford it. And it should not be up to the tax payer to pay an extravagant amount to prevent the extra damage incurred by two guys who decided to punch each other on the face using PEDs. The fighters signed up for what they're doing and they knew the risks.

I see boxing in the lower levels the same way I see people in the third world working in factories in dangerous conditions. Sure the government cold step in and require much better protection, but in the end it'll simply cause factories to shut down and less jobs. And crappy jobs are better than no jobs at all.

If you're talking bare minimum stuff, most commissions already do test everyone, but obviously it's inadequate. Until it becomes cheaper, we'll probably have to accept it because it's a fact of life that we live in a world of finite resources and some sacrifices will need to be made in certain areas. I like what Nevada is doing though by offering the option for neutral advanced testing for fighters or promoters who are willing to pay for it.

Ideally I believe the responsibility of advanced testing should fall on the networks. They have all the leverage in the world because they're the ones who pay the salaries. I could understand ESPN not doing it because of their small budget, but for premium cable level of events, HBO and Showtime can afford it.
            Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 10-30-2013, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Most posters here called the demand for drug testing a cowardly act......until manny got his **** pushed in

Comment

Working...
              X