No announcement yet.

Ayo Atheists

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fury View Post
    No they are not. This more idiotic than your manfish theory. Nobody is born with the concept of what a god is.

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
      Can opinions be facts?
      Go grab a sense of humor and come back to me.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        No, I don't think priests are interested in making her drink any juice. Women aren't their type.
        Especially if they're over 14.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
            So some atheists harm others because they lack the morality religion offers, but then some religious people harm others in the name of their religion?

What if the atheists who harm others actually do it for the same reason as religious people? Because they are both idiots.
            Humans have always fought and killed from the very beginning. However some religion have helped give morality. Pagans such as Viking's and Roman's were pretty cruel in some ways. Once Christianity was accepted, it is said by historian's that culture changed and in some ways, brutally murdering etc... however that is a generalisation, but could be said to be true.

In Africa, and south Africa in particular, the blacks would kill each other quite frequently in tribal warfare. The whites have oppressed blacks, but if you look at statistics, the black population has gone up a lot since the white Christian's colonised them.

The same for Islam. Arab's would kill their daughter's as babies because it was the wrong sex, to other things such as sacrifice. These may be 2 thousand to 1500, to recent times, but it does show a long term influence by religion, or at least the people.

Everything that has happened in the past, affects the future.

The people who harm others are bad. Religion teaches peace, manners, patience and respect. Jesus and Mohammed are examples of that in many ways. They went through a lot of suffering yet showed a lot of forgiveness and resilience.

Not every religious person will be 100% correct. You can go to Maths, Science, English lessons. Not every student will get A's, some will get fails. We all pick and interpret things differently, and that's just how it is. We are all students really. Plenty more to learn and improve on.

Comment

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
              Humans have always fought and killed from the very beginning. However some religion have helped give morality. Pagans such as Viking's and Roman's were pretty cruel in some ways. Once Christianity was accepted, it is said by historian's that culture changed and in some ways, brutally murdering etc... however that is a generalisation, but could be said to be true.
              I see. This is a picture of a "breast-ripper".

It was used as the name suggests, to tear apart the breasts of women accused of Heresy by christians. Or are you going to suggest that the Inquisition was not true christians?

In Africa, and south Africa in particular, the blacks would kill each other quite frequently in tribal warfare. The whites have oppressed blacks, but if you look at statistics, the black population has gone up a lot since the white Christian's colonised them.
              There are numerous videos available that I won't link to here, and numerous accounts of innocent people, even children, being burned alive by christians in Africa for the crime of witchcraft. Or are those people not true christians either?

The same for Islam. Arab's would kill their daughter's as babies because it was the wrong sex, to other things such as sacrifice. These may be 2 thousand to 1500, to recent times, but it does show a long term influence by religion, or at least the people.
              That's still going on, not only in Arabic culture but also in secular nations like China. Misogyny is not just the preserve of religion, although religion has often been the most eager urger.

The people who harm others are bad. Religion teaches peace, manners, patience and respect. Jesus and Mohammed are examples of that in many ways. They went through a lot of suffering yet showed a lot of forgiveness and resilience.
              I'm familiar with the suffering of Jesus. He us purported to have been scourged and executed cruelly and forgave his tormentors as he did it. Muhammad led a rather unremarkable life until his 40s when he started conquering, marrying and pillaging his way through the Middle East before riding to heaven on a flying donkey. Not much by way of suffering there. or peace for that matter.

Not every religious person will be 100% correct. You can go to Maths, Science, English lessons. Not every student will get A's, some will get fails. We all pick and interpret things differently, and that's just how it is. We are all students really. Plenty more to learn and improve on.
              If one religion is right then it means all the others are wrong. That's the central part of religion. That the religious believers are righteous and everyone else is on the wrong end of a pitchfork.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                I see. This is a picture of a "breast-ripper".

It was used as the name suggests, to tear apart the breasts of women accused of Heresy by christians. Or are you going to suggest that the Inquisition was not true christians?

There are numerous videos available that I won't link to here, and numerous accounts of innocent people, even children, being burned alive by christians in Africa for the crime of witchcraft. Or are those people not true christians either?

That's still going on, not only in Arabic culture but also in secular nations like China. Misogyny is not just the preserve of religion, although religion has often been the most eager urger.

I'm familiar with the suffering of Jesus. He us purported to have been scourged and executed cruelly and forgave his tormentors as he did it. Muhammad led a rather unremarkable life until his 40s when he started conquering, marrying and pillaging his way through the Middle East before riding to heaven on a flying donkey. Not much by way of suffering there. or peace for that matter.

If one religion is right then it means all the others are wrong. That's the central part of religion. That the religious believers are righteous and everyone else is on the wrong end of a pitchfork.
                As for what is a true Christian, I do not know. I do know though, men and women can be evil creatures.

I have not seen anywhere in any holy book that talks of a 'breast' ripper. If you do know where it is, then please find it. As stated, people can do and become anything, but that doesn't mean it is part of the religion.

Crimes of witch craft is cultural in Africa. It may be Christian's doing it now, but the killings have been done in Africa long a go. What you seem to misunderstand is, some things are cultural.

Again the same thing for China and Arab states etc... these things were directly said to be stopped by Islam. That again does not mean it will be stopped. In India there are cast systems, muslims shouldn't have that, but they still do. This is a CULTURAL thing.

In terms of suffering, Mohammed and his companions were tortured and driven out of Mecca. Many tried to kill him and also forced his family to live in very harsh conditions on the outskirts of Mecca. They were banned from trading and thus had no way of income for 2 years I believe. If I recall, he was also there with them and suffered. Only from kind people did they get food which was also banned. There were many other accounts of the Meccan's claiming his home, killing family members etc...

One religion is right. Of course it is. They all have their own message. However it doesn't mean people from each are meant to give up and become evil. We should all try to be 'better'.

There are how many fighters at 147. Most say in the top 5 to 10 say they are the best. In reality, one guy will be better than all of them and most likely have more wins over the others and win a tournament final if there was one.

Very English to settle for the taking part.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                  Go grab a sense of humor and come back to me.
                  I will if you will.

Comment

Originally posted by TensionKiller View Post
                    As for what is a true Christian, I do not know. I do know though, men and women can be evil creatures.

I have not seen anywhere in any holy book that talks of a 'breast' ripper. If you do know where it is, then please find it. As stated, people can do and become anything, but that doesn't mean it is part of the religion.
                    For most of the existence of Christianity the bible was secondary to church doctrine. In fact it was the lack of status given to the Bible that lead to the Reformation.

You want to talk holy books? There's plenty of cruelty in the bible.

Crimes of witch craft is cultural in Africa. It may be Christian's doing it now, but the killings have been done in Africa long a go. What you seem to misunderstand is, some things are cultural.
                    So they're not true christians?

Again the same thing for China and Arab states etc... these things were directly said to be stopped by Islam. That again does not mean it will be stopped. In India there are cast systems, muslims shouldn't have that, but they still do. This is a CULTURAL thing.
                    So what?

In terms of suffering, Mohammed and his companions were tortured and driven out of Mecca. Many tried to kill him and also forced his family to live in very harsh conditions on the outskirts of Mecca. They were banned from trading and thus had no way of income for 2 years I believe. If I recall, he was also there with them and suffered. Only from kind people did they get food which was also banned. There were many other accounts of the Meccan's claiming his home, killing family members etc...
                    Muhammad was protected from physical harm because of his family ties. When his clan adopted a leader that hated him he fled. He ran away, only returning in secrecy until somebody gave him a new clan name and he got protection from someone else. I'm no christian but comparing Jesus who by all accounts resigned himself to his torment and Muhammad who reacted to adversity by running away is a little nonsensical.

One religion is right. Of course it is. They all have their own message. However it doesn't mean people from each are meant to give up and become evil. We should all try to be 'better'.
                    Every religion states as its central doctrine that all others are wrong. On this every religion is right.

There are how many fighters at 147. Most say in the top 5 to 10 say they are the best. In reality, one guy will be better than all of them and most likely have more wins over the others and win a tournament final if there was one.
                    How's this for a better analogy: Suppose you have ten ****roaches. None of them will be a banana. So where is the banana? No-one knows.

I know, my analogy doesn't make any sense. It's still better than yours though.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post

Even though I don't agree on anything with that woman, from a moderator of a debate perspective, I think the wingnut won. Tyra was just making emotion based arguments. The wingnut got her points across more eloquently.

Good watch. Thanks for posting it.

Comment

Working...
                      X