Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dude, Jones-Brook has got to be a candidate for FOTY!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dude, Jones-Brook has got to be a candidate for FOTY!

I'll start by saying that Jones from yesterday beats, Berto, Ortiz, M Jones & even Amir Khan IMO. Especially Khan who folds like a burrito under pressure. He fought hard & took those late rounds with toughness & grit. His stamina & body punching were fabulous.

Now for Brook, he showed toughness & heart. He fought back through a broken nose & still threw combinations in every late fight rally that he could muster. He moved away skillfully under pressure & he made the final bell on heart alone.

I don't see how anyone could think that Khan beats Brook. Furthermore that Jones from last night probably runs Khan out of the ring. That fight was amazing. I advise anyone who hasn't seen it to get it somehow, great, great fight. Answers a lot of questions about both fighters. I want to see Khan fight Jones when he comes to welterweight.
    Of course!
    65.63%
    No I can name 5 better!
    34.38%

It was entertaining but not FOTY quality. A lot of the rounds were clear for one guy or the other, although the fight as a whole was very competitive it's much better to see a fight where they are going back and forth every round, rather than one guy dominating the first half of the fight and then the other guy dominating the second half.

Comment

Off the top of my head Salido vs Lopez 2 is FOTY for me.

It was a good fight though & would love to see a rematch!

Or if Brook could defeat the Bailey vs Alexander winner and Jones went after maybe Paulie or Lopez and the winners met.

Tbh there is no doubt in my mind, both guys stop Khan. I've said for years Brook is a far superior fighter to Khan and would beat the living **** out of him if they ever met & I still stand firm to that. After last nights performance based on styles I'd say Jones would tear Khans head clean off.
      He would never of got through that onslaught in a million years.

Comment

Big overreaction. It was a young guy winning a tough fight against a tough opponent. Not sure how you go from that to both these guys beat everyone at welterweight.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
          Off the top of my head Salido vs Lopez 2 is FOTY for me.

It was a good fight though & would love to see a rematch!

Or if Brook could defeat the Bailey vs Alexander winner and Jones went after maybe Paulie or Lopez and the winners met.

Tbh there is no doubt in my mind, both guys stop Khan. I've said for years Brook is a far superior fighter to Khan and would beat the living **** out of him if they ever met & I still stand firm to that. After last nights performance based on styles I'd say Jones would tear Khans head off.
          I think Jones would literally run Khan out of the ring. That Jones from last night beats most welterweight contenders today. I want to see Devon against Bailey before I add him to that list.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Big overreaction. It was a young guy winning a tough fight against a tough opponent. Not sure how you go from that to both these guys beat everyone at welterweight.
            No, why don't you read that again. You're the 1 coming in here talking about a big overreaction & then turn around & claim I said, "these guys beat everyone at welterweight". Don't make $h!t up in my tread, that is all.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              I think Jones would literally run Khan out of the ring. That Jones from last night beats most welterweight contenders today. I want to see Devon against Bailey before I add him to that list.

He will be a handful for anybody at Welter & I'd pick him over a fair few of the top 10 crop. His ability to recover amazed me, great conditioning. Tough, tough kid.

I don't think anybody could question either guys heart or chin after that fight, they both proved their worth & I'm sure both fighters stock rised. Carson certainly made a fan out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                No, why don't you read that again. You're the 1 coming in here talking about a big overreaction & then turn around & claim I said, "these guys beat everyone at welterweight". Don't make $h!t up in my tread, that is all.
                You listed three of the best fighters at welterweight, and a guy that would walk into the division near the top. Maybe not everyone, but still an overreaction. Kell Brook toughed out an important test of a fight against a good opponent. It was a good step towards the place he wants to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
                  I also think you're overreacting. It was good fight and Carson can fight, but I rather think that Kell didn't reacted well. Those welterweights are very evenly matched in my opinion and Jones just joined a mixed, but I don't believe he would beat Khan and Berto.
                  As for fight of the year, Salido - Lopez II, Ioka - Yaegashi, Huck - Afolabi II and Floyd - Cotto I liked more. I missing to "5" then .
                  I honestly don't see how anyone would have Salido-Lopez 2 as a fight of the year contender. Lopez didn't even win a damn round. He was beat up pretty damn easy IMO. That fight was as 1 sided as I've seen. If you call Salido beating the crap out of Lopez who's throwing wide hayemakers while barely landing all the while thinking he's winning over Jones-Brook, well then good for you brother.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    You listed three of the best fighters at welterweight, and a guy that would walk into the division near the top. Maybe not everyone, but still an overreaction. Kell Brook toughed out an important test of a fight against a good opponent. It was a good step towards the place he wants to be.
                    Don't talk overreaction when in fact you made $h!t up. That is all.

Comment

Working...
                    X