No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Merchant Responds To Rigondeaux's Complaints on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Merchant Responds To Rigondeaux's Complaints on HBO

This past weekend, HBO presented a solid card from the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas as Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. defended his WBC middleweight crown against worthy challenger Marco Antonio Rubio while Nonito Donaire captured the vacant WBO junior featherweight crown with an eventful unanimous decision over former champion Wilfredo Vazquez Jr.

[Click Here To Read More]

LOL Larry Merchant the promoter

Comment

Please retire.

Comment

he's got a point.

Comment

merchant is absolutely correct. Donaire is top 10 p4p in the entire sport, a 4 division champion with two wins vs two other top 10 p4p fighters.

Who the flying **** is rigondeaux, a guy with 9 professional fights and whose best win is ricardo cordoba, trying to dictate what fights should take place?

Know your place rignodeaux and more importantly, earn your place.

Comment

To answer Merchant's question, I'd rather see Donaire against Rigondeaux. If those are my only 2 choices, Arce or Rigo, then yeah Rigo. Arce is a great all action fighter, but I don't give him a shot in hell against Donaire

Comment

I would agree but there isn't anyone more deserving than Rigo for the fight at this moment. No one was clamoring to see Donaire fight WV2 so why is it so crazy he fights Rigo? I do see fans wanting to see this fight, more so than the Arce fight.

Comment

Merchant is a moron, He cant have it both ways, this was the same scenario with Mayweather and Margarito, Mayweather was moving to 147 just like Nonito was moving up, Margarito was a beltholder just like rigo is a beltholder, So he cant be saying this while he was saying the opposite when it involves floyd.

Comment

If no one is clamoring for this fight that why does it keep getting mentioned? Sorry but they are looking for excuses. Rigo might only have 9 fights but lets not pretend he is like your normal fighters coming into the pros. Make the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    Merchant is a moron, He cant have it both ways, this was the same scenario with Mayweather and Margarito, Mayweather was moving to 147 just like Nonito was moving up, Margarito was a beltholder just like rigo is a beltholder, So he cant be saying this while he was saying the opposite when it involves floyd.
                    Wouldn't Nishioka be more like Margarito than Rigo?

Comment

Working...
                    X