Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will You Be Happy if Mayweather Stays Retired?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will You Be Happy if Mayweather Stays Retired?

As of now, Mayweather says he is retired. Will you be happy if he sticks to it and we never see him fight again?
    Yes
    19.67%
    No
    62.30%
    Don't Care
    18.03%

Yes I will be happy because I'm sick of defending him against all the haters.

Comment

Floyd hinted at a possible rematch with Oscar, so hold the retirement talk for right now.

But to answer the question, YES, I would love to see Floyd walk away and stay away from boxing as a fighter. It would show that you take as much as you can from boxing with as little damage as possible; walking away "healthy", taking more care of your kids, and doing something else with your life proving that you can/being well rounded.
      Jewish fighters back in the old school days retired early: they fought for a bit, won titles, then retired with their money to do other things in life, like own banks, become Doctors, teachers, etc.

Floyd is 30 years old, there is no going up, only going down in talent. He could fight Cotto and Hatton at 147, but in my opinion, since they refused to fight him already, they lost, so Floyd doesn't have to.
      Both fighters have a chance of beating Floyd, but only because they are pro-fighters, not because they are better, which they are not.

There is Winky Wright, but my problem with Winky fights is that he uses boxing gloves to his advantage, which is to just sit there and hold his big-puffy gloves in the air to protect his skull, popping some jabs, sometimes fighting back, but usually just making boring fights.

Who else is there for an opponent, an opponent that can sell a crowd with Floyd, and not just having Floyd sell the fight?

Shane Mosley? I would like to see this fight, but how much credit would Floyd get for beating him?

Comment

It would suck if Mayweather retired.

We should all be happy to see one of the best pure technitians the sport has ever known go out there and perform his craft come fight night. Mayweather's boxing ability is great to watch, and with that in mind, retiring is a disservice to his fans when there are so many other great matches out there on the horizon. Kind of similar to Barry Sanders retiring early.

Anyway, if you want him to retire because, "you are tired of defending him" then you need to re-evaluate your life. What does Floyd have personal spokesmen on this site? Funny stuff...

To sum up, I don't think Floyd will hang em up for good. I don't think he'll bite the hand that feeds him. He likes $$$ and the easiest way he can make it is going out there and earning it with his fists.

Comment

No because I enjoy his style and think he could make some possibly great fights in the future. I wanna see him cement his legacy with a few more big wins too.

By the way, in Sin's sig it says a user called RagingTheBull predicted a win for De La Hoya. That's not me. I predicted a UD for PBF

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
            Floyd hinted at a possible rematch with Oscar, so hold the retirement talk for right now.

But to answer the question, YES, I would love to see Floyd walk away and stay away from boxing as a fighter. It would show that you take as much as you can from boxing with as little damage as possible; walking away "healthy", taking more care of your kids, and doing something else with your life proving that you can/being well rounded.
            Jewish fighters back in the old school days retired early: they fought for a bit, won titles, then retired with their money to do other things in life, like own banks, become Doctors, teachers, etc.

Floyd is 30 years old, there is no going up, only going down in talent. He could fight Cotto and Hatton at 147, but in my opinion, since they refused to fight him already, they lost, so Floyd doesn't have to.
            Both fighters have a chance of beating Floyd, but only because they are pro-fighters, not because they are better, which they are not.

There is Winky Wright, but my problem with Winky fights is that he uses boxing gloves to his advantage, which is to just sit there and hold his big-puffy gloves in the air to protect his skull, popping some jabs, sometimes fighting back, but usually just making boring fights.

Who else is there for an opponent, an opponent that can sell a crowd with Floyd, and not just having Floyd sell the fight?

Shane Mosley? I would like to see this fight, but how much credit would Floyd get for beating him?
            People say he should fight Hatton, Mosley, and Cotto, but they fail to remember that Hatton and Mosley have already ducked him. They had their chance. Arum wouldn't put his cash cow in there with Mayweather unless a lot of money was at stake. I honestly think he's done everything he possibly could and should just call it a day. He had no business even being at 154 and he still came away with the victory over a legend. That is a great way to end his career...

Comment

Id rather him stay and fight some of the Welterweights out there. Hell if Hatton beats Castillo why not? Floyd can make 140. If he wants to be like that and retire then its whatever, I wont miss him.

Comment

yes as long as i don't have to listen to him calling himself the greatest ever after retiring so early. he might be the best of this era but not an all time great.............................

plus he aint going to stay retired for too long, with his sports bets that he's making he ought to be back in the ring in no time..............

Comment

I’d like to see him face off with Margarito to end all discussion on those to but that’s it. I really don’t see anybody from 154 down beating him and he’s not stupid enough to move up again and fight the cats at 160, might a well retire on top with his health in tact.

Comment

Yeah, he should stay retired. No one can beat his hit/run style. It's a boring style to watch and no one seems to be able to be able to beat it. He's bad for boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X