Golovkin vs. Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daddy T View Post
    Apparently Kovalev has to work damn hard to make 175
    Not so much - he's actually typically been one of the smaller LHWs fighting at 184ish - his 188lbs against Hopkins was his heaviest by a margin - that said he's acknowledged he is has having to work harder at it in the last year or so (typically for a guy hitting his 30s).

Regardlesss, he has said several times that he can't or won't move down.

Golovkin ain't big for a MW either, though his fight weights (like Sergeis) have slowly, but steadily been climbing in the last coupla years. I think Golovkin has the talent to manage very well right up to the top ranks at 168, but I'm unsure if 175 is a step to far.

That said, I still feel GGG is the technically more polished fighter, though I wish he'd get a fukkin move on and fight someone who could really test him so he can show what he's actually capable of.

Comment

Can't see it ever happening, but at 168 I believe GGG by KO/TKO.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
        Not so much - he's actually typically been one of the smaller LHWs fighting at 184ish - his 188lbs against Hopkins was his heaviest by a margin - that said he's acknowledged he is has having to work harder at it in the last year or so (typically for a guy hitting his 30s).

Regardlesss, he has said several times that he can't or won't move down.

Golovkin ain't big for a MW either, though his fight weights (like Sergeis) have slowly, but steadily been climbing in the last coupla years. I think Golovkin has the talent to manage very well right up to the top ranks at 168, but I'm unsure if 175 is a step to far.

That said, I still feel GGG is the technically more polished fighter, though I wish he'd get a fukkin move on and fight someone who could really test him so he can show what he's actually capable of.
        Exact same could be said for Rigo, the same people hating on GGG are the same people bouncing up and down on Rigo's d1ck, boy do I love people and their double standards.
        Not accusing you of it of course.

Comment

no offense man but a quick search would of brought up about 20 of the same thread

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            I do not think so for one second. Kovalev walks around at 195 or so.
            He is too big, too powerful, controls distance too well.
            We haven't even seen GGG against a decent middleweight let alone a huge, strong world class light heavy.

Kovalev ain't no career 154lb journeyman hes just going too walk down. There are weight limits for a reason.

GGG is doing his thing against these guys, Kovalevs doing it just as emphatically at LHW against better competition.
            I'm not sold on GGG I think hes a good but slow pressure fighter with huge power. I think hes overrated. Hes good but he is not this monster hes made out to be if he was he'd of moved up by now and proven it instead of milking a dead division.
            Yes, kovalev has the size advantage I don't think he has the same power gennady has. And we both know who has the better beard. I absolutely love kovalev but at one point in the B hop fight. Hopkins tagged him and he was jelly legs for a brief moment and I was sh-tying myself (well chuffed he Battered Hopkins). But I have confidence GGG takes Kovalevs shots. He spars HW's so I'm sure kovalev doesn't bring any punching power GGG hasn't seen before. But I can't really say the same about kovalev.

I don't know its a hell of a fight.

But GGG's Chin, power and technical abilities really make the difference.

Other than GGG I don't see anyone beating Kovalev unless he tries out CW and even then you would need A+ CW to beat kovalev. Possibly your boy Chakhkiev.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
              Exact same could be said for Rigo, the same people hating on GGG are the same people bouncing up and down on Rigo's d1ck, boy do I love people and their double standards.
              Not accusing you of it of course.
              The Rigo fans are typically the ones hating on Broner, which really says all that needs to be said. Golovkin and Broner are both much better than Rigo, he's too old and small and his best wins were against an overrated Donaire and that Thai dude I forgot the name of. You can't go around beating the clowns of Asia and then expect to suddenly become a P4P fighter. He needs to step up his opposition. NOW.

Comment

Originally posted by UpInThisYo View Post
                The Rigo fans are typically the ones hating on Broner, which really says all that needs to be said. Golovkin and Broner are both much better than Rigo, he's too old and small and his best wins were against an overrated Donaire and that Thai dude I forgot the name of. You can't go around beating the clowns of Asia and then expect to suddenly become a P4P fighter. He needs to step up his opposition. NOW.
                Broner is better than Rigo.

Mods ban this fool for life.

Comment

Originally posted by HWChampion View Post
                  Broner is better than Rigo.

Mods ban this fool for life.
                  Rigo is an Asian level fighter. Broner is a World level fighter, even though Broner is not the best among them, with guys like Klitschko, Mayweather and Pacquiao around.

Let's see Rigo have any succes against real fighters from the Western world, where the health standards are higher. Come on, Rigo, fight Nicholas Walters.

Comment

Originally posted by UpInThisYo View Post
                    Rigo is an Asian level fighter. Broner is a World level fighter, even though Broner is not the best among them, with guys like Klitschko, Mayweather and Pacquiao around.

Let's see Rigo have any succes against real fighters from the Western world, where the health standards are higher. Come on, Rigo, fight Nicholas Walters.
                    I don't want to even debate with a troll like you. Rigo is a master boxer simple as, you can't even argue that broner is better than him.

Broner can't do anything near to rigos level. Broner got blitzed by a face first brawler. They only way you think he is world level is when he fights dwarfs like Gavin Rees hahahahha. Do one you troll.

Comment

Originally posted by HWChampion View Post
                      I don't want to even debate with a troll like you. Rigo is a master boxer simple as
                      And you wonder why I consider Rigondeaux overrated? Look at those arguments, lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X