No announcement yet.

Thoughts on Troy Ross

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts on Troy Ross

First of all, let me say I am Canadian and I am a big supporter of Canadian Boxing. Lucian Bute, Jean Pascal are 2 of my most favourite fighters, and I also supported Steve Molitor back in his first titlerun in 2006-2008. I also cheer for Canadian fighters like Logan McGuinness, Benoit Gaudet, Victor Lupo, Phil LoGreco, and Neven Pajkic (even though he sucks, lol).

So I am a big supporter of Canadian Boxing.

Having said that, Troy Ross sucks and I just wish this guy would retire already. His last fight with Cunningham was a god damn disgrace. I don't care that he had just knocked Cunningham down.

Understand that Troy Ross is a guy who's been around boxing for like 20 years now, and he's never won the big one. In fact, he never even bothered to titlechallenge until he was 35 years old.

Troy Ross is a guy who went to the Olympics twice, was KO'd many times as an amateur (by Vassiliy Jirov, no less), and just never went anywhere as a pro.

People have been talking about Troy Ross for years now, literally like 5-10 years, and things just never come to fruition with this guy. Troy Ross is all talk no action. Im so tired of the "Troy Ross Saga" its been going on for 10 years now.

Face it: Troy Ross is a could have been, that never went anywhere as a pro.

Troy Ross will never win a title, and all of this talk of him over the past (literally) 10 years will amount to nothing.

Lucian Bute >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Troy Ross
    Jean Pascal >>>>>>>>>> Troy Ross

Troy Ross is all talk no action and Im just so tired of hearing people mention this guy as though hes some sort of prospect.

Troy Ross is a "could have been" that never went anywhere, and everytime he got a big fight, some drama happened and he lost. End of discussion. He's a nothing.

Comment

Wtf does being Canadian have to do with Lucian Bute...I thought he is a Romanian?

Comment

Ross is a good fighter, who has just been unlucky in his career.
        Last edited by Perfect Plex; 08-09-2011, 10:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RachelB View Post
          Wtf does being Canadian have to do with Lucian Bute...I thought he is a Romanian?
          I am Canadian so as a matter of national pride and regional pride I generally support Canadian fighters.

Its like supporting home-country fighters.

Lucian Bute is Romanian based in Montreal, Canada and has been living in Montreal for about 10 years now. He is also a Canadian citizen and probably the biggest name in the Canadian Boxing Scene.

Realistically, Bute is possibly the best fighter to ever fight out of Canada, alltime.

Comment

Originally posted by Who are you? View Post
            I am Canadian so as a matter of national pride and regional pride I generally support Canadian fighters.

Its like supporting home-country fighters.

Lucian Bute is Romanian based in Montreal, Canada and has been living in Montreal for about 10 years now. He is also a Canadian citizen and probably the biggest name in the Canadian Boxing Scene.

Realistically, Bute is possibly the best fighter to ever fight out of Canada, alltime.
            OMG I'm an idiot...here I thought they speak Romanian to him in his corner and his translator also in post-fight...I honestly had no clue he fights out of Montreal.

Comment

Originally posted by Crisp Jab View Post
              Ross is a really good fighter, who has just been so damn unlucky in his career.
              That's not really true.

He was knocked out unconcious many times in the amateurs, even in the Olympics. Lost widely to Vasiliy Jirov, and others.

As a pro he's also lost two fights.

People need to stop making excuses for Troy Ross.

He's fcking 36 years old. If he was ANY GOOD he would be a champion by now. But he's not. Because he's not very good.

There are no excuses to be made if a fighter is 36 and has accomplished nothing as a pro fighter.

Ross is slow, chinny, and collapses under pressure.

He's one of those guys who will never win the "big one".

Comment

I agree, I saw his last fight live at Rumble at Rama and he just sucked. He looks even worse in person, usually when you watch fights on TV you think these dudes all ripped and stuff. But when you see them in real life its like meh.

His fight was a real snoozer and his opponent Carl Handy was wack and he still couldnt KO him. Infact Troy ross has no power, the only people he ever KO's is guys with more than 10 loses who go down on the first body punch.

But Boxing sucks in Canada, we only have Neven, Pascal and Bute. Our promoters all suck balls, we have decent amateurs but they never amount to anything because once they turn pro they fight once a year against some bum when they need to fight 5 times a year.

You know your boxing program completely sucks when that fairy idiot Russ Anber is respected.

Its like having Kim Kardashian teaching girls how not to be a slut.

but dont worry, you can still attend the 2 shows a year in Toronto full of no-name bums and tickets only start at $300.

99% of which will be given out for free to promoters family and friends instead of selling for $100 to boxing fans.

Comment

How can someone suck, who was on there way to beating the number #1 Cruiserweight?

He was also robbed against David Haye in the amatuers.

Comment

Working...
                  X