No announcement yet.

Pacquiao's Greatness Is Truly Something Special

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
    At 35 years of age, when most consider he is on the decline, he not only beats a slick fighter in his prime who is top 3 P4P but dominates him. To beat such a fighter in the way that he does, which is on the offensive and throwing flurries, it is truly an amazing thing to witness. To watch the composed, in control Bradley versus Marquez and compare it to the one Pacquiao mentally and physically beat last night is truly an incredible thing to think about.

When was the last time Floyd faced a slick African American boxer in his prime? And by African American I mean no disrespect, the fact is most African American fighters are VERY crafty and skilled in regards to their movement and speed.

DLH, Hatton, Cotto, Mosley, Guerrero, Canelo (who he made come down 2 pounds / had Pacquiao done the same with Bradley he would've finished him) ... are all stationary targets (most out of their prime) with little upper body / head movement.

Pacquiao has set the standard so high that anything short of a KO/TKO seems like a disappointing. Yet Floyd, fighting lesser opposition, only has to dominate the fight in order to get credit; which is what Pacquiao has been doing for the past few years. And people forget he couldn't stop Clottey or Mosley during his monster run, he just shut them down. It is also to be expected that Floyd is more accurate since he waits for the opportunities to counter where as Pacquiao looks for them due to his offensive oriented style.

I sincerely feel as if Pacquiao is the best fighter from our generation and one of the most impressive fighters of all time. And needless to say, Mayweather is also one of the best from this generation but I honestly feel as if Pacquiao is another type of phenomenon that we all subconsciously hold to a higher standard and with good reason.
    Great post!

You just summarized into 1 post all the discussions about Pac and Floyd in BoxingScene, BoxingForum, and all the other boxing forums this is talked about....

Comment

They need to make an official Hollywood movie of Pacquiao and release it in movie theatres. He as a true underdog story.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
        The most annoying thing is when Mayweather fans are demanding Paccman has to KO a guy or else Pac ain't **** LOL, yet they call Floyd a beast when he point fights and pot shots and wins a decision.
        They have a deluded mind.
        ^^^^^^^^true^^^^^^^^

I've got to say for a fighter who has declined considerably, he still beat a top 3 p4p fighter in the world with ease. You can see why floyd ducked the pacquiao of old, but this declined, slower pacquiao gets picked apart by Floyd if they fight now.

Comment

i understand your passion for pac man but SMFH its funny u all have to bash Floyd any chance you get just to make pac man the greatest in your eyes, just say hes great... every post/thread im seeing from u all is set up to bash mayweather in some way. They are both great and are 2 totally different fighters with different styles, all u pac man fans are making urselfs look bad with this childish approach.. im happy for pac man tho congrats.
          Last edited by 12TRIBEsRiSe; 04-13-2014, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            He won but to be honest i saw no domination at all...this fight seemed to be closer then the 1st fight
            I can't understand how you could see it that way. Bradley tried to box him like he did with Marquez and found out as soon as the 4th round that it wasn't working, at which point he started to look for the KO.

I thought it was funny though how he was trying to pull a Marquez so obviously inviting him to the ropes. From the 4th round on, he was looking for that one big shot.

Bradley came out of that fight gladly accepting that Pacquiao is indeed the superior fighter and happy that Pacquiao finally got the credit so he can move on from this chapter.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
              Bradley "slick."
              He is slick when he is allowed to be. Pacquiao didn't allow him though and forced him into becoming the aggressor, something Marquez was not able to do.

Comment

I picked Bradley to win, but pac's greatness could not be denied, so is Floyd's inability to face his fear.

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
                  Bradley is not rigondeaux, mayweather, bhop slick. But he is a very capable defender.
                  No, he's very athletic.

Comment

He is slick when he is allowed to be. Pacquiao didn't allow him though and forced him into becoming the aggressor, something Marquez was not able to do.
                    Ya see. This SHOULD be common sense to most people, but A LOT of NSB posters don't know **** about boxing.

Comment

To you he's "slick." Ok. I'm guessing you yourself are nothing of the sort. A bit like a fat chick who sees a slightly less fat chick and considers her skinny.

Bradley is a physically gifted caveman as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Working...
                      X