Collapse
No announcement yet.

Showtime Reporting Mayweather vs Guerrero Does Over A Million PPV Buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks like showtime is making all of their money back and more.............

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
      Bradley isn't and will never be a draw. I think this will be an easier fight to make than Pacquiao when you have two A-side fighters
      Bradleys a draw now. His fight with no name Ruslan did the same as "the fight of the century" Donaire vs Rigo. That Pacquiao robbery brought in so many haters. Its the best thing that could've happen to Bradley. Now he needs to kick rocks and go over to GBP.

Comment

Floyd vs Matthysee would be very one sided. I'd much rather watch Floyd-Peterson.

Comment

I only wish they'd put that same level of promotion into someone like Canelo. Surely GB can get a few ads for him on CBS? I mean the dude's already got under armour as a sponsor before he even did anything.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
            both easy wins but i pray to god Lucas wins...at least i would have more interest in that fight...as limited as Lucas would look, he still has a puncher's chance

Guerrero didn't even have that...i had Robert down 3 rounds to none before the national anthems
            In taking matts to win.

Comment

Originally posted by croz View Post
              I only wish they'd put that same level of promotion into someone like Canelo. Surely GB can get a few ads for him on CBS? I mean the dude's already got under armour as a sponsor before he even did anything.
              It's harder than you think to do that. Floyd appeals to what most of America's younger generation is. He's marketable and CBS is for the casuals / "other" demographic. It's very hard to get the "other" demographic to watch documentaries when Canelo can't speak english, and I'm being as honest as I can here. He has to come up the way Pac did, by beating top fighters over and over in spectacular fashion. Pac wasn't thrown on TV with a sign that says look at me, he earned it much like Floyd did. Canelo has one good win in his entire resume, before they can market him more to the "other" demographic he needs to step up his competition big time....or fight Floyd. Only two options really.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post
                looks like showtime is making all of their money back and more.............
                they saving face, but if they can force Cherrypicker to fight the right fights, they can still make money later... too bad there is nothing in the contract that can force Cherrypicker to do anything

Comment

Working...
                X