Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broner was 150lbs on fight night. Why cant he fight @ 140 again?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broner was 150lbs on fight night. Why cant he fight @ 140 again?

I see many if not all of Broners fans against a move for him to 140lbs. They keep saying that he's young and shouldnt be rushed. Now I respect Broners skills and am a fan of his fan friendly aggression in the ring, but lets be honest. there is absolutely no comp for him at 135. Its a dead division filled with C-B level fighters.

Lets take Danny Garcia for example. He has had just as many pro fights as Broner and has already faced the likes of Amir Khan, the hard hitting Kendall Holt, and is tabbed to face Zab Judah.

I constantly see Broner's fans comparing him to Floyd, yet in Floyd's 25th pro fight, he was facing Diego Corrales and had already faced Genaro Hernadez and Manfredy.

Although Broner makes the weight its obvious he can compete at 140 given the fact that he comes in the ring weighing what Floyd and Pac do for their WW boughts.

So I ask, why do his fans prefer to see him protected rather than see him move up to the talent rich 140lb division?

He having a lot of susess making 135 and blowing back up to 150 to beat up smaller guys. Hes built up a nice KO ratio this way. But he lands a fight with a top 140-147 guy hes gonna see what power is all about..when he gets caught on that mouth he holds open all the time.

Comment

if he moves up nnow ppl would claim he ducking the winner of vasquez -burns.

he's only 23 the guys at 140 aren't old except for judah.

why can't you be patient and wait a couple of months to see what he does after he fights the winner of vasquez -burns then bit88 about?

Comment

mannyKTFO.jpg

Comment

Because he'll get smoked.....

Comment

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
            if he moves up nnow ppl would claim he ducking the winner of vasquez -burns.

he's only 23 the guys at 140 aren't old except for judah.

why can't you be patient and wait a couple of months to see what he does after he fights the winner of vasquez -burns then bit88 about?
            Vasquez, Burns? The only people I see calling for these fights are Broner fans who are against him moving up to 140.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
              I see many if not all of Broners fans against a move for him to 140lbs. They keep saying that he's young and shouldnt be rushed. Now I respect Broners skills and am a fan of his fan friendly aggression in the ring, but lets be honest. there is absolutely no comp for him at 135. Its a dead division filled with C-B level fighters.

Lets take Danny Garcia for example. He has had just as many pro fights as Broner and has already faced the likes of Amir Khan, the hard hitting Kendall Holt, and is tabbed to face Zab Judah.

I constantly see Broner's fans comparing him to Floyd, yet in Floyd's 25th pro fight, he was facing Diego Corrales and had already faced Genaro Hernadez and Manfredy.

Although Broner makes the weight its obvious he can compete at 140 given the fact that he comes in the ring weighing what Floyd and Pac do for their WW boughts.

So I ask, why do his fans prefer to see him protected rather than see him move up to the talent rich 140lb division?
              Is not that He can't, the real question is: WHY WOULD HE? He's young and makes 130-135 easy which gives him weight advantage at fight night. Why would He give that up? By the time He hits 140 He will be a super star... and that you can take to the bank.

Comment

If he can make the weight, I have no problem if he fights at 135. Seems like the more names/challenges are at 140 though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                  If he can make the weight, I have no problem if he fights at 135. Seems like the more names/challenges are at 140 though.
                  The problem is he's obviously much more talented then the weak comp at 135 so why stick around in a weak division when he can make much more money fighting higher profile fights against better comp @ 140. As a fan why would you want to see a fighter fight tomato cans?

Comment

Because he has just left the 130lb division and can make 135lb comfortably. It's not as though he is cheating to make weight like the likes of Morales and Chavez Jr.

Comment

Working...
                    X