• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overeem out of Strikeforce GP. Silva fights Cormier on September 10

By Guilherme Cruz
    Photo Esther Lin

The champion is out.

Alistair Overeem, the Strikeforce heavyweight champion, defeated Fabricio Werdum at Strikeforce GP’s first round, but he’s no longer fighting at the tournament.

The fighter told MMA Fighting he wouldn’t fight at September 10th, and TATAME learned with sources close to the situation that he has been removed from the GP.

Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva, who defeated Fedor Emelianenko at the first round, fights undefeated wrestler Daniel Cormier next. On the other semifinal, Josh Barnett takes on Sergei Kharitonov.

couldnt care less about the tournament now it was already screwed with the massive delay in between fights in the first round and now this has killed it even more. As good as an idea this tourny seemed on paper it hasnt worked out that well.

Comment

Cormier over Shane del Rosario? LOL ok

Comment

Originally posted by Holmes View Post
        Cormier over Shane del Rosario? LOL ok
        Shane was in a bad car crash a couple of months ago and will be out for quite some time.

Comment

Guess he did not have time to clear the roids out of his system,maybe thats why he is flirting with pro boxing go fight in texas you dont have to worry about shiet.

Comment

Sergei is gona win it baby

Comment

probably realized he can make way more money by jumping ship to the UFC.

Comment

wtf...i was excited to watch him vs Sergei. I think this guy is such a big puss..boxing huh, good luck

Comment

Originally posted by kyshenko team View Post
                  wtf...i was excited to watch him vs Sergei. I think this guy is such a big puss..boxing huh, good luck
                  He wants to fight Vitali what a fcking joke this juice head is.

Comment

this tournament just became unwatchable. All because they wanted Overeem to fight 1 month sooner than they promised him. BS.

Comment

Working...
                    X