Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Sergey Kovalev is a SKILLFUL fighter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kovalev and stevenson should be PPV. then, the winner should fight andre ward at 175. that should also be PPV.

stack the undercards, and i'll be happy as a clam. 300K buys. 350 for the winner vs ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
      Yes he's skillful. You don't just land punches on the right spot at the exact right time without skills. He knocks people put not only because he hits hard, it's also about timing and technique.

he has great balance when coming forward. i'm really looking forward to see what he does with a top flight LHW. i think he takes stevenson in a great fight, but i can't be certain yet.

Comment

I think he's better then just some come forward brawler..I don't think he's all that skilled,but he's skilled enough to be dangerous for anyone..

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
          boxing IQ is average at best, footwork is slow and plodding, combinations are decent and defence looks to be ok.

He isn't all that skilled imo, and I know I'll get stick for that but he walks in a straight line, throwing looping right hands.

He's open to get beaten by Stevenson, remember what I said about Garcia/Matthysse, all yall gona jump off the bandwagon once the fight gets made.
          After last night, it became obvious to me why Stevenson avoided a fight with Kovalev.

If he didn't land the big shot, he would get brutalized if the fight went beyond 6 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            kovalev and stevenson should be PPV. then, the winner should fight andre ward at 175. that should also be PPV.

stack the undercards, and i'll be happy as a clam. 300K buys. 350 for the winner vs ward.
            Andre and Hopkins are the only fighters at 175 that I would think have a chance against Kovalev. I would favor Ward significantly. Hopkins would probably take a tight decision since he has an ATG beard.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

I don't know about PPV, but I was hoping Stevenson/Kovalev, with the winner fighting Ward, was the plan. Now I don't know if Stevenson and Kovalev are going to fight at all, and if they do it will probably be because Stevenson has no belt and most of the meaning is gone.

I wish Ward would move up and beat Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                I don't know about PPV, but I was hoping Stevenson/Kovalev, with the winner fighting Ward, was the plan. Now I don't know if Stevenson and Kovalev are going to fight at all, and if they do it will probably be because Stevenson has no belt and most of the meaning is gone.

I wish Ward would move up and beat Kovalev.

well, with the ward fight, it's got to be PPV.

they gave ward close to 2 million to fight edwin rodriguez. HBO has a finite amount that they can pay for a single championship boxing card. remember what happened with bradley - alexander? that took around 1/4 of the HBO budget for the year, according to many sources.

maybe kovalev takes rodriguez money, but i tend to doubt it. i don't think he should, either. he's a better fighter than rodriguez.

if yotu want ward to move up and beat kovalev, be prepared to pay $60-70 to see it.

Comment

Working...
                X