No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao vs. Marquez 5: Mexico in The Lead To Host

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by littlemac View Post
    Actually am happy any place it takes place. As the saying goes' you can't steal a knock out". Besides, Marquez is on the drivers sit now!
    Don't get me wrong, i picked JMM to win by decision. But the KO was surprising. But Pac surprised me on how he did. Yes, he did make mistakes but he was doing good against JMM. Pac was winning the 6th round till the KO.

Las Vegas should be the place. Not Texas, Mexico, Macau, Philippines, nor Dubai.

Comment

• Originally posted by littlemac View Post
      bhwahahaha......all Marquez was doing was setting up the dumb one handed over weight midget into walking into Marquez's right. After all this time you would think Manny would have evolved somewhat into dealing with Marquez, but Pac is just too dumb too handle some one with movement. Too bad Cotto wasn't suckered in again into getting weight drain so that Manny could have avoided getting put to sleep.
      I agree cotto at a normal weight takes pac out

Comment

• Originally posted by mex602 View Post
        I agree cotto at a normal weight takes pac out
        Which is why Pac ducked Cotto. Its funny, Manny goes out of his way to call Cotto out at a Catchweight only to then turn around and run after Cotto says yes with out CW.

Comment

• Originally posted by loui_ludwig View Post
          Don't get me wrong, i picked JMM to win by decision. But the KO was surprising. But Pac surprised me on how he did. Yes, he did make mistakes but he was doing good against JMM. Pac was winning the 6th round till the KO.

Las Vegas should be the place. Not Texas, Mexico, Macau, Philippines, nor Dubai.
          Marquez was doing good as well. Lets not pretend Pac was dominating until Marquez right hand came out of nowhere. Marquez was doing very well setting Manny up all night landing the right hand which he manage to knock Pac on his a$$ in the third. That knock down was beautiful!! Pac had all the physical advantages going in except his brain.

Comment

• this fight shouldn't even take place... I know they want to make money but #4 shoulda been it.

Comment

• Originally posted by .::|ULTIMATE|::. View Post
              this fight shouldn't even take place... I know they want to make money but #4 shoulda been it.
              The third should have been it. All their fights have been close with Marquez showing the he was the more skilled and better fighter dispite Manny being the faster, and more powerful one.

Comment

• I dont think a 5th fight should even happen. What if Manny wins, then a 6th....

But if they do, it should be in Mexico. Remember that Spanish ESPN interview when Manny promised Juan they would do "4" in Mexico City- haha Juan looked like he creamed himself!

Comment

• Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
                  Floyd dominated the guy he is facing for the 5th time,so i dont understand what you are getting at...dont get me started
                  Yeah Floyd dominated a light weight u r right larry

Comment

• Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                    again....Cotto weighed 146 against Clottey. The fight before Manny. And Manny only fighting TWICE near the over the 135 limit id say fighting a bigger Cotto that just fought at 146 isnt to much to ask....ONLY TWICE HAS MANNY FOUGHT OVER 135. Before Cotto he was at 140...ending Hattons career!
                    Before he fought Cotto, that's true.....but since, he's not been significantly outweighed by anyone apart from Margarito, who was slow as old boots & couldn't beat anyone without knuckle dusters anyway.

The revisionist's keep saying there was significant push for Floyd to fight Margo....bull****. The only one pushing for Margo was Arum because he wanted one last big payday out of Floyd who turned free agent because Arum wouldn't give him what he thought he was worth. Who would you fight? Margo for $8 mill, or De la Hoya for PPV earnings of $25 mill?

BTW, Hatton was mentally never the same after Floyd dealt to him.....already on that downward spiral by the time Pac got him. Floyds seconds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                      Yeah Floyd dominated a light weight u r right larry
                      Floyd didn't fight the fight like a heavier man. There was no clinching or leaning by Floyd to wear JMM down, just out boxed him.

JMM himself said that the chances of a rematch were remote BECAUSE, to paraphrase him, Mayweather is too hard to hit....it's on an Eli Seckback interview with JMM before his 2nd fight with Diaz. No weight excuses by JMM.

Comment

Working...
                      X