No announcement yet.

Vic Darchinyan severely underrated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vic Darchinyan severely underrated?

Do you think Vic Darchinyan is severely underrated based on him being a road warrior and continually fighting top opposition and top prospects? Even losing efforts hes always in shape & gives a great account of himself.

Froch gets huge respect so I don't see why Darchinyan shouldn't!

The last few years he has fought Moreno, Arce, Agbeko, Yamanaka, Mares, Mbamba, Perez, Mijares!
    A few lesser guys such as Barcelona, Rojas, Guerrero.

Losing four of those, two of which was pretty debatable.

(Can go back a bit before and hes faced Pacheco, Maldonado, Donaire etc as well)

Very exciting fighter likely facing another top prospect destined for big things in Orlando Del Valle in september.

Vic WARRRchinyan
    (lmao he looks like Mr Bean)

I give him a lot a credit for fighting tough opposition all the time but to me he's a garbage brawler with weak technique and good punching power.

Comment

Not severely but he is underrated

People forget he's Like 37 and fighting basically at the same weights he debuted at, extremely rare

Comment

He's my favorite "little" fighter. My fave at BW. From the lower weight classes I would say Gamboa, Rigondeaux, Darchinyan. I use to like Teon Kennedy.

Comment

he's not underrated, imo. i consider him a top 10 guy at 118 and thats where most people seem to have him. he's too small for 118+ so he definitely gets his props for taking all of these tough fights. especially considering his age. you rarely see guys that old down at those lower weightclasses

the darchinyan who fought arce and mijares, that's not the same dude we see in the ring now. and it's not really the same guy before those fights either. he put on a real clinic in that mijares fight. i have no idea why he doesnt always fight like that. and its amazing that he came back like that after such a devastating KO loss.

i hate to say it, but he tries too hard for the KO. i mean its great and admirable from a fan's point of view that he tries to always get his guys out of there and believes in his punching power. i think it's cost him some fights though.

anyway, i always been a fan of darchinyan and i hope he can notch another good win before its all said and done. i dont think he's underrated, maybe just under-appreciated

Comment

Comment

I think he's underrated, yes.

Comment

Absolutely. Dude unified 3 belts and did something that was never done in the division before. Plus he was on the P4P list and rightfully so.

Comment

[IMG]http://cdn.*****************/instances/400x/21992174.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Working...
                  X