No announcement yet.

MIchael Spinks vs Me Tyson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mintcar923 View Post
    You cannot possibly be serious! You could see Mike had his entire body behind those last three punches landed in the fight.. Also, you can see Spinks' eyes rolled back as he lay on the canvas which was evidence it was a legit knockout..
    Yeah it was very legit. The thing was that Spinks head slammed hard into the canvas. There was no way in hell he'd have gotten to his feet before 10.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
      Me spinks he got hit on the chin
      Haha Had me rollin Malone, I am rather high though to be fair!

Everybody knows now Spinks was never gonna beat Tyson and he was doomed before he even started such was Tyon's aura, the guy was shook. But let it never be twisted Spinks got DRILLED with 218lbs of Mike Tyson and his vaunted right hand! He did try to get up but tipped over into the ropes from his knees

Comment

Ironic but when Spinks moved to heavyweight he ran and fought very cautiously. In time he gained confidence and fought more flat footed as he did against Cooney. Not saying the final outcome would have changed but perhaps he should have not stood up the way he did against Tyson.

At a Milton McCrory fight back in the early eighties, I was on an elevator and Spinks got on and stood next to me. I looked at him and thought about the rumors that he might leave the light heavyweight division and move to heavyweight. I thought of telling him it was a bad idea and he should try the cruiserweight division. A massive flood of things ran through my head to tell him. But all that came out of my mouth was "Hey Michael". He looked over and said "Hey" and exited the elevator.
        A few years later he won the heavyweight title.

Comment

Working...
        X