No announcement yet.

Why is Ward afraid to move up?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Ward afraid to move up?

Seriously this guy calls himself the son of god and claims to be the best in the world and yet he forced his toughest challenger to come in weight drained. Why is he so afraid to move up to light heavyweight. The only logical explanation is that he knows he might be defeated. Hopkins might not have enough left to take him out but Stevenson or Kovalev have the power to crush Ward and that's what he's really scared of. Why else would he want to stay at 168 especially since he's pretty much cleaned out the division.

The money is at 168, he sees Froch and Chavez as Vegas PPV bouts.

Also, Stevenson can still make 168.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post

This. Except I'm not sure if Stevenson can make 168.

Chavez Jr PPV will be his biggest pay day...maybe for his whole career when it's all said and done

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler I View Post

This. It's definitely the $. I'm confident that he isn't afraid to fight at 175 but the big money fights aren't there yet. I would throw GGG on the list as well. A move to 175 would pretty much ruin the possibility of that fight.

Edit: the GGG fight isn't big right now but it could be by next year.
        Last edited by Public_Enemy; 08-29-2013, 09:20 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=-Body Snatcher-;13696745]This. Except I'm not sure if Stevenson can make 168.

Stevenson can make 168 for sure. Yvon Michel offered a 2 fight deal to Ward. The first fight at 168 in Oakland and the rematch at 175 in Montreal.

Comment

He's afraid to move up, afraid to move down, afraid to fight in his own weight class. Then he begs HBO to green light him fighting some bums. His ideology is disgusting. He's dead to me.

Comment

who says he's afraid?
              didn't he say on fight game a while back 175 was in the near future?
              anyway, he should definitely go up, but take a tuneup first
              there's nothing left for him to do if he stays at 168 except rematches
              those are fine if he wants them, but new challenges are better
              screw Stevenson coming down, Ward should go up
              Stevenson has the world title and Ward can outbox him
              gotta see what he does when he returns before calling him scared

Comment

Originally posted by Buthopvlick View Post
                Stevenson can make 168 for sure. Yvon Michel offered a 2 fight deal to Ward. The first fight at 168 in Oakland and the rematch at 175 in Montreal.
                damn, that's a crazy deal.

but as everyone said, he's still at 168 for the $$$. hopefully chavez gives him his payday and he can move up to 175 after that. i'd love to see ward/kovalev and hopkins/stevenson at 175 next year.

Comment

Yeah, he's not scared, but wouldn't budge on a catchweight with Dawson. OK, whatever you guys wanna believe.

Comment

Ridiculous to claim he forced a fighter to weight drain. Dawson's dumbazz said on international television that he wanted to fight Ward and would fight him at 168. Ward didn't call Dawson out. Ward just sad if you want it come and get it and Dawson tried. Forced him like you have to force cake down Chris Arreola's mouth. Gimme a break.

Comment

Working...
                    X