Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lennox Lewis Pleads With Price to Get Mean With Thompson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lennox Lewis Pleads With Price to Get Mean With Thompson

LENNOX LEWIS has demanded that David Price becomes ‘Mr Nasty’ if he wants to become world heavyweight champion.

Price was stopped by American Tony Thompson, 41, inside two rounds in February.

But the British and Commonwealth champion, 29, wants revenge at Liverpool’s Echo Arena tonight.

After his only loss in 16 fights, the 6ft 8in Scouser teamed up with Lewis, who has become his mentor ahead of the big rematch.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Lennox is right, Price needs to knuckle down and learn how to win ugly. He doesn't need to blast his opponent out in 2-3 rounds; he should to chip away, pump his jab, throw combinations and then, when he's broken his opponent, go for the KO.

Shame it's taken Price so long to heed this advice. He's watched Lennox and Wladimir enough - he could have followed their blueprint long ago.

IMO, Price needs to get away from his amateur team and FM. They've been talking him up, feeding him bums: the hype went to his head.

Deontay Wilder is in a similar boat.
    Last edited by yoz; 07-06-2013, 11:01 AM.

Comment

It seems Lennox really believes in Price. He even compares himself to Price.

not related, one interesting thing that I noticed and I remember Wlad mentioning this too. Lennox blinks every time when Price jabs... (5:16 in video).

Comment

Lennox Lewis looks like he wants to train price's pee pee. Oh well Im glad this wealth tv is showing the fight it gives me something to do on a boring saturday. I'll watch this oversized bum get knocked out again.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
          Lennox is right, Price needs to knuckle down and learn how to win ugly. He doesn't need to blast his opponent out in 2-3 rounds; he should to chip away, pump his jab, throw combinations and then, when he's broken his opponent, go for the KO.
          You must be British to be so deeply in denial about what a **** fighter Price is.

Pump his jab? Whart jab? His left arm is as useless as a dead man's dick.

I hope you are taking the piss by pretending this giant lump of **** can turn around his career using your amateur advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
            You must be British to be so deeply in denial about what a **** fighter Price is.

I hope you are taking the piss by pretending this giant lump of **** can turn around his career using your amateur advice.
            Oh great Mr "Povetkin is Russian Mafia frontman" is here. Or is it Mr "you only throw a hook with your lead hand"? Can't decide, so many priceless quotes came from this redneck

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post

Well, if you bothered to read the second paragraph, you'd see I said it was too late.

Price should have heeded this advice when it was given 2-3 years ago.

Comment

Lewis would not be the first former outstanding champion to be a poor judge of form and talent...

.......having said that, I don't think he is so myopic or out-of-touch with the business to waste his time on an absolute stiff and he clearly believes Price has something to offer and can compete at world-level.

We'll see if Lennox was right in a couple of hours time from now.

Comment

Working...
                X