Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: “Fighting Words” — Sergio: A Bad Night, or a Bad Sign?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How quickly do we forget...Boxing fans r so fickle. People called for bernard Hopkins to retire a time or two in the past as well. We see how that turned out... Serg simply had an off night in funny weather conditions following some injuries against an opponent who was up for the fight. It's to be expected. Everyone exclaiming that murray fought so brilliantly & superbly...Kill urselves. Hid did better than expected & gave a pretty good account of himself. No way he won. For those calling for the man's retirement....kill urselves as well. He simply need to let his body recover. He was off. Martinez could've widely beaten Murray w/ activity. He threw 1000 punches vs Chavez. & only 3 like 400 in this bout. Murry wouldn't have stood a chance had martinez just simply kept puching & moving. He was trying to make it a fun & memorable night for the fans....simple as that. You guys exaggerate everything...gtfohwtbs! dweebs...

Comment

its a bad sign, not a bad night... better cash out soon

Comment

Martinez in much like Roy Jones Jr was, in the way he is heavily dependant on his reflexes. Once they slow down a notch, his entire game will start to unravel and do so quickly as opponents will be able to reach him more and more often.

He might be able to buy himself some time if he tries now to drop his bad habits. Hands at the sides etc.

Comment

I think it was a bad night and a bad sign the way he was getting hit way to much agains't Murray.

Comment

Sergio needs to go down to 154 and fight Canelo. Martinez will beat the living **** out of Canelo and end the hypejob, Martinez was never a 160 fighter to begin with. I want to see Martinez to fight Canelo or Mayweather, **** Chavez he had his chance.

Comment

I would say a little bit of both. People need to understand that boxers who rely more on speed, reflexes and athleticism as opposed to actual skill and fundamentals go downhill fast once their reflexes slow down. RJJ and Pac are some examples. Martinez is the same way. All fight very unorthodox and don't really use boxing fundamentals, they were amazing because of reflexes and speed. I am not saying Martinez is done, not at all. But I think he should be at 154 not 160 to begin with. People keep saying he would destroy Canelo, I do not see it. I think in fact Sergio may have problems with Canelo. Sergio has some equalizing power though which is good at least. Will have to see his next fight to see how he looks.

Comment

Working...
              X