Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Roy Jones get humbled after getting knocked out?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he understands his role on HBO. He's there to provide an expert opinion as part of a team, it isn't the Roy Jones show, he's paid to say his bit when Lampley asks him.

Comment

I wish he'd speak less. He was confused during the ppv on the difference between passion and compassion as it applied to pacquiao. Add in Jim lampley's statement being born in Afghanistan made Usmanee's ability to take a punch extraordinary...we had ourselves a deplorable commentary all together. Roy jones has more boxing knowledge than the rest of the whole panel yes, but he's not a smart man. His command over the English language is awful.

Comment

And though Jones is ne of my 4 fav's in the Boxing world, his commentator work is second to everyone, except some moron named Colonial Bob Sheridan who grates on my nerves to no end.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
          Roy is good but he's too pro African American. He needs to be more professional and not be biased.
          lol

I never got the sense Roy was biased toward African Americans at all. His favorite guy for a time was nonito Donaire and he always praises Manny Pacquiao, if anything he is pretty neutral.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
            Roy is good but he's too pro African American. He needs to be more professional and not be biased.
            People say this a lot but I've never noticed it. He's biased towards some guys who happen to be black fighters but I don't see anything more than that.

He comes out with some wacky stuff at times though. His rambling take on Provodnikov being strong because of Siberians having less hormones in their food was a good one.

Comment

Lol I love roy, but sometimes he is off.

*one guy is clearly hurt*

Jim & Max : Oh he's hurt bad!!!

-

Roy: Naw, the other guy is actually hurt!!

Comment

Originally posted by krazyn8tive View Post
                I wish he'd speak less. He was confused during the ppv on the difference between passion and compassion as it applied to pacquiao. Add in Jim lampley's statement being born in Afghanistan made Usmanee's ability to take a punch extraordinary...we had ourselves a deplorable commentary all together. Roy jones has more boxing knowledge than the rest of the whole panel yes, but he's not a smart man. His command over the English language is awful.
                lol you wrong for dat.

Comment

Lampley is supposed to be the main one calling the fight. Roy's a color commentator; he's supposed to just chime in here and there with a fact or angle that Lampley wouldn't notice.

He was one of my favorite fighters growing up, but I don't think he's much of a commentator. I mean, he's WAY better than Lennox Lewis, but who isn't?

They should call up Bobby Czyz or bail Antonio Tarver out of jail.
                  Last edited by paulf; 05-06-2014, 02:47 AM.

Comment

I feel embarrassed listening to Roy sometimes, he can't articulate to save his life. He's probably broke now seeing that he continues to fight after being brutally knocked out.

Comment

Working...
                    X