Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kessler: My future with boxing is still uncertain.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kessler: My future with boxing is still uncertain.

In a recent interview with Denmarks Radio (the national television station) Kessler has stated that he is still uncertain, wether he will continue or hang them up.

He's talking about he's got a big responsibility and that it is very important that he choses the right option (doesn't get punchdrunk and end up like some one elses stepping stone)

Further than that there's happened a lot in Kesslers life, he recently had a daughter with his new (hot) girlfriend.

http://www.dr.dk/Sporten/Oevrig_spor.../26/143510.htm

--

It's about time to hang them up, in my opinion, unless Froch comes through Groves and a 3rd fight could be made somewhere they both agree on. I honestly don't think Kessler is interested in giving his legacy another go.

The guy should just hang them up. There's really no reason for him to fight at this point. His prime is behind him and there's no chance he'll become champ again. Just retire and keep your health and good looks and be happy you're Danish and like in Denmark where they take care of their citizens.

Comment

He should hang them up and hopefully Patrick Neilsen is his rightful heir to Danish boxing to keep boxing alive in Scandinavia.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
        He should hang them up and hopefully Patrick Neilsen is his rightful heir to Danish boxing to keep boxing alive in Scandinavia.
        Just looked him up and he's all tatted up. Why? Is he trying to be like Kessler and new face of Danish boxing?

Comment

He should call it a day. The only fight available is Ward. The rest are scheduled to fight. And Ward has, AFAIK, priced himself out of a fight against Kessler in Denmark.

Comment

A Ward rematch would be pointless,he has no chance of winning that. The only other fights out there that I can see are Froch 111 and Groves. It really depends on if he wants another big payday or 2 and if he is thinking retirement he would most likely lose.
            Last edited by Isaac Hunt; 04-28-2014, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Would love to see him against abraham or golovkin but i guess thats unlikely.

Comment

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
                Patrick nielsen is the next Brian nielsen

Comment

He could still take the strap off Arthur Abraham with relative ease, I think.

But I'm not familiar with the politics or promotional issues involved with getting the two of them in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostBlade View Post
                    Just looked him up and he's all tatted up. Why? Is he trying to be like Kessler and new face of Danish boxing?
                    Their tattoos are quite different, so I don't think he is copying Kessler. He just happens to be the best prospect from there at the moment, so I believe he may take Kessler's place.

Comment

Working...
                    X