Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's the biggest hype job in boxing today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dont see how proven fighters can be called hype jobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Machine View Post
      I dont see how proven fighters can be called hype jobs.
      It goes to show how much a fighter's standing in the sport can change in a matter of months. At the time, for example Canelo had not fought Lara or Angulo and he was seen as a hype job by quite a few. Same with Wilder at the time, he was seen as the ultimate hype job. And even GGG and Kovalev, they hadn't had their real standout performances or results and still divided opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by PainfromUkraine View Post
        It goes to show how much a fighter's standing in the sport can change in a matter of months. At the time, for example Canelo had not fought Lara or Angulo and he was seen as a hype job by quite a few. Same with Wilder at the time, he was seen as the ultimate hype job. And even GGG and Kovalev, they hadn't had their real standout performances or results and still divided opinion.
        Oh ****, I even checked the date you made the thread, I forgot its ****ing 2015 already.

Comment

• I was done when i saw Bradley on the list for a "hype job". Then he had 12 votes. Next thread

Comment

• I'm going to go with a guy not listed: Andre Ward. It's not that he's a bad guy, and it's not that he's not a top level guy-- He just gets wayyyy tooo much p4p and 'wise commentator' love for his level of activity, achievement, and actual performance.

Comment

• Canelo Alvarez
              Erislandy Lara
              Danny Garcia

These three are the top 3.

Comment

• I love bumping these threads after a while...

These poll results haha , i'll do a breakdown of what each fighter is up to now.

Comment

• Voting as of 18/12/2016, with % of voters who voted for them as 'hype jobs', and their current standing in the boxing world.

'GGG' Golovkin 16.36% (NOW CONSENSUS MW KING)

'Krusher' Kovalev 4.24% (SOLID P4P, CONTROVERSIAL LOSS TO WARD)

'Desert Storm' Bradley 7.27% (GONE QUIET)

'Hi Tech' Lomachenko 7.27% (ON THE RISE)

'Mikey' Garcia 6.67% (ON THE COMEBACK TRAIL)

Tyson Fury 20.00% (WON THE HW C'SHIP AND WENT OFF THE RAILS)

'Bronze Bomber' Wilder 40.00% (WBC HW CHAMP STILL UNDEFEATED)

'Canelo' Alvarez 33.94% (ARGUABLY TOP 'NAME' ACTIVE BOXER)

Erislandy Lara 7.27% (GONE QUIET)

Rigondeaux 5.45% (GONE QUIET)

Comment

• Who did YOU vote for and are you surprised how the fighter(s) turned out almost 3 years later?

Comment

• BUMP

Pretty hilarious to see how things have changed in the years since I first made this thread, especially how many people thought Canelo would be classed a hype job.

Which retrospective career has surprised YOU the most?

Comment

Working...
                      X