Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would Pernell Whitaker do against fighters on Floyd's resume?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would Pernell Whitaker do against fighters on Floyd's resume?

Do you think at 135-147 he would of beat guys like Deigo Corrales, Ricky Hatton, Shane Mosley, Victor Ortiz, Guerrero, Judah, Gatti, Cotto.

Just asking as both are normally referred to as the greatest defensive fighters of all time.

He'd beat them all with relative ease.

Comment

i think he would be undefeated.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
        Do you think at 135-147 he would of beat guys like Deigo Corrales, Ricky Hatton, Shane Mosley, Victor Ortiz, Guerrero, Judah, Gatti, Cotto.

Just asking as both are normally referred to as the greatest defensive fighters of all time.
        Whitaker is smaller than Floyd and Whitaker probably had less pop in his punches than Floyd. Having said that, it's clear that Whitaker is the better defensive fighter because he wouldn't just potshot like Floyd, but actually let loose combinations.

I wouldn't call Floyd the greatest defensive fighter of ALL TIME. For this era maybe, but not ALL TIME.

Floyd's skill is assessing risk, and minimizing risk. Floyd is one of the greatest risk averse boxers of all time. Floyd has learned Bruce Lee's "art of fighting without fighting". Floyd's boxing I.Q. is on the level of Sun Tzu's in warfare, but Floyd can't do what Whitaker did, be defensive and fire combinations. Floyd can only be defensive and potshot.

Comment

Agree with the first two comments, he'd be undefeated as well.

Comment

Paul williams and Prime (plaster) Antonio Margarito would have given him problems oh wait...

Comment

Floyd is the best fighter ever period, he makes sweet pea look like a damm a drunken ******.
              No one even comes even close to floyd`s greatness, he is God and other boxers are just humans.
              He is soo elusiv and fast that I think he would go all 12 rounds with any fighter ever regardless of weightclass, yes Prim Ali, prime Tyson, floyd is just to damm good to not survive.

Floyd is the singel most underrated fighter in history

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post

Floyd aint great at anything! Idk if he would have beat those guys most likely yeah, but one thing is that sweat pea wouldn't have avoided them!!! Floyd on the other hand...... His supporters (newbies) think he's the best, but anyhow.....

Comment

Pernell could've came through unskaved. Pernell didnt stay in shape like Floyd year around. Plus he had some drug and alcohol problems too. So he would struggle against Cotto 15 years into his career. Cotto could knock him off in that situation.

Comment

I think he'd beat everyone as easily as Floyd did. I consider both Floyd and Whitaker two of the best to ever do it H2H though.

Comment

Working...
                    X