Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Shawn Porter-Kell Brook Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

either way this fight goes to points but I'm leaning towards Brook by UD. he is far more skilled, hits harder and is stronger but it all depends on Brook's mental strength and well being, having seen plenty of his interviews and met him on a few occasions post injury, he seems quite fragile up top. He doesn't like it when things aren't going his way and is quick to self pity.

If he has these doubts still hanging over him, Porter will beat him. BUt in terms of boxing skills and physicality, Porter has nothing to hurt Brook with. The American is a limited fighter with flat feet, but he is a work horse and just keeps pushing forward, only thing Brook has to worry about.

Comment

I think we all know who I'm picking, the local lad, come on babi!

Comment

Porter by demolition

Comment

Predictions: Shawn Porter vs Kell Brook - August 16th. RBR & Discussion thread

This fight is up two weeks from now and it's a clash of styles.

One is strong, fast and rugged coming off two good wins over top 10 opponents or thereabouts. The other is more technical, measured and perhaps having the edge in punching power - but is yet to be tested against anyone even remotely close to Porter's level.

Who have you got and why?

Comment

Porter by KO. I am not at all sold on Brook's chin.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamjr91 View Post
              Porter by KO. I am not at all sold on Brook's chin.
              I had the same prediction for a while, but I'll go with Porter reverting to style and boxing Brook and win a 116-112 type decision in a fight where Brook doesn't get going going but wins a few rounds and Porter walking him down.

Comment

Trust me without that ish in his system he will be back to the normal Shawn Porter who drew with Diaz and struggled with Alfonso Gomez.

Brook's power will be respected early on with his hard jab and he will he hesistant to lunge in like usual and since the best way to beat Brook is on the inside that will be good for Brook to easily outbox him.

Porter gon' get it.

Comment

Porter stops him, will be rooting for Brook heavily

Comment

Brooks is going to look competitive in the first 2 rounds and then Porter starts to get to him eventually stopping him in round 9. That's if Porter doesn't just steamroll him from the beginning and gets him out by the fourth or fifth round.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Babatunde View Post
                      Trust me without that ish in his system he will be back to the normal Shawn Porter who drew with Diaz and struggled with Alfonso Gomez.

Brook's power will be respected early on with his hard jab and he will he hesistant to lunge in like usual and since the best way to beat Brook is on the inside that will be good for Brook to easily outbox him.

Porter gon' get it.
                      It's still in his system it's just being masked that's why he stalled testing so they could have time for the masking agent to take effect.

And why isn't there a sticky on this fight yet, enough threads are being made about it.
                      Last edited by JACK1190; 08-03-2014, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X