Collapse
No announcement yet.

LOL: Check out this video ! (Time Mark: 22min) Andre Ward admits it:

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think Ward fighting Dawson at 168 or 175 would make much difference. Dawson would lose to him at 175 also, but most likely not by stoppage. At least if Ward moves up to 175 he will have a few opponents to pick from. No sense in staying at 168 as he already cleaned it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      Dawson wanted the fight, He made the call and so himself cheap and Ward accept... The same people who are looking to critise ward are the same ones who were trying to tell us how Pacquiao didnt really do anything wrong with Cotto coming down in weight.
      I'm OK with fighters going down or up so we as boxing fans can see an interesting fight. I didn't question it when Dawson went down as it was up to him.

The question here is why say no to 170 when Dawson requested it then just 2 weeks after the fight go on an interview saying that "I want to move up to 175"?

Skill wise, I knew Ward was above Dawson. The 2lbs would not have made a difference. Dawson just couldn't pull the trigger as Ward was able to neutralize Dawson's offense effectively.

Comment

the Ward fans are ducking this thread. I knew it. They hoping the truth disappears on page 2 of the NSB section

Comment

Its pretty simple. You fight for the 168 belt at 168.

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
            actually he did not challenge him at 168. at first he said at LHW or at a catchweight, then Max Kellerman said Ward is only a super middleweight, and then Dawson said he might move down to 168. but at first he didnt want that, he just didnt want to sound like a coward when calling out a smaller guy.
            Great comment. I was surprised that someone was perceptive enough to type this. I still didnt think it was a good excuse though, cuz ultimately, whatever the case, Dawson did volunteer.

Comment

Originally posted by raskat View Post
              Go to time mark 22 minutes of this video (link below) and watch what Andre Ward says: he wont fight Martinez cause Martinez asked him to go down in weight OR fight at a 164 pounds catchweight. Ward answers he cant make 160 and not even 164, but if he WOULD make it, he wouldnt be strong at that weight anymore. But at the same time he makes Dawson come down to 168?? And then Ward says he will move to light heavyweight soon. If he moves up soon, he could have fought Dawson at 175 anyways.
              http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xts...pisode-3_sport
              Ward had all the advantages.

Comment

I'm not an Andre Ward fan by any means, but all this hate he's getting for fighting Dawson at 168 is unwarranted.

Comment

Ward made Dawson move down so he should move down and fight Martinez.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
                    thanks for the correction, i don't remember exactly what was said. i just remember concluding "damn, Dawson has nuts to be going down to 168".
                    No, you are correct. In the post fight interview, Dawson said he'd go down to 168 initially, he offered it himself. All the other stuff Raskat said was made up and not what happened. I'm a big Chad Dawson fan, was rooting for him, and thought he'd actually pull off the win, so take my word for it.

Comment

I know Dawson is dumb but people must be even dumber if they believe this **** about him "wanting to" move down. Believe me, if Chad Dawson was calling the shots the fight wouldn't be at 168 in Oakland.

Comment

Working...
                      X