Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you were a trainer, how do you train your fighter to beat Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djeffectz View Post
    After watching his past fight, he look unbeatable, he's a type of fighter that can adjust to any fighter style, major kudos to him not having to watch his past opponent fights...

If i was a trainer I would train my fighter to add pressure and attack the body and throw the right hook to get past the shoulder roll, throw lots of combination.
    you better hope ur fighter has fast hands, fast feet and a long reach and good stamina or else!

Comment

ur going to get tired before floyd because he throws one punch at a time nothing u can do there and against Cotto he threw almost 200 punches more and still had more energy and mental engergy in the fight but floyd is past his prime no matter what he is top 5 alltime just on boxing skills alone never a more technical skilled boxer.If you want to teach all the fundementals of boxing Floyd is the best example.throws every type of punch perfect.Didnt even know he can loop that right hand around Cottos gloves at the last second amazing.
      Last edited by ali100; 07-03-2012, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
        I think there is a couple of different ways to beat him. First and foremost you have to be a special fighter, and quite frankly Floyd has never really fought one, apart from Oscar, and Mosley, but both were past there best. Marquez is a special fighter but was too small.

I think the most sure fire way is beating him with length, speed, and a jab. The fighters in his era capable of pulling that off in my eyes would have been prime Oscar and Forrest. Winky Wright also, but he is such a big guy that for me that is not as relevant.

It would take nothing short of a really special fighter though, or someone who is a very good fighter with a big size advantage.

In my eyes Castillo beat him, and even in the second fight gave him a lot of trouble, but Castillo was an incredibly smart pressure fighter. It shows that there is always a guy out there who can have your number. I would have loved to have seen how Floyd would have handled someone like Margarito, he was more basic than Castillo, but much bigger, Margarito could stick that jab in his face from a long way out. His pressure is very intense, and coming from a much taller guy, that is difficult to deal with.
        JJM didnt lose cause he was to small he got a boxing leeson point blank thats an excuses only dummys and haters use.JJm couldnt even hit him.

Comment

Originally posted by omokoro View Post
          So let's say he is squared up for a lead right, what exactly do you do, step by step?
          If you can slip it then pivot to the side he can't generate any power off of.

Or block it and come in.

Comment

Originally posted by djeffectz View Post
            After watching his past fight, he look unbeatable, he's a type of fighter that can adjust to any fighter style, major kudos to him not having to watch his past opponent fights...

If i was a trainer I would train my fighter to add pressure and attack the body and throw the right hook to get past the shoulder roll, throw lots of combination.
            He doesn't look the slightest bit unbeatable. We've seen fighters have success, we've seen a fighter that many feel beat him.

The best way is intelligent pressure and body work, unless you have significant height and reach advantages. Thing is, you also have to have the talent to at least come close to his, which is where most fighters fall short. Mayweather has ridiculous talent to go with his smarts and skills.

Comment

right now?

take advantage of his legs if i've got a young fighter

back him to the ropes with a double jab and then outwork him. if he's rolling his shoulder and protecting his body with his elbow's id' hit him wherever the hell i could. eventually the shots will at least score pts, if not connect and break him down.

miguel cotto is nowhere near a perfect fighter, and he gave floyd problems

as he ages mayweather jr is going to become more and more vulnerable, the same way every other great boxer and ring general has gone.

Comment

lol like hes that good. Hes a ordinary fighter. Beatable...like anyone else is. to beat Floyd all you have to do is...NOT be pass your prime. Not come up in weight classes that youre not good at and dont what ever you do move up two weight classes.Throw punches in bunches...And DO NOT try to hug him in the ring or look at the ref and wait on him to say continue. If you do not do these things...and just let your hands go....you can beat this bum!

Comment

Train to go 12 Rounds with MULTIPLE GAME PLANS not just one

Forget trying to score a KO with one punch, focus more so on at least trying to make him work...Cotto made him work but Cotto don't have the reflexes or the head movement to avoid Mayweather punches

all that being said, it is hard to train for a fighter in which you don't even know which style he will use against you, Mosley thought he was going to be the one persuing in that fight, he end up being the one backing up, even Cotto may have doubted Mayweather's toughness...that is many fighters mistake, they get caught up listening to stupid clueless fans and they start believing "Mayweather Don't Hit That Hard" "Mayweather Can't Take Punches To The Body" "You Have To Pressure Mayweather" "You Have To Do What Castillo Did"...not realizing that Mayweather is a perfectionist he takes PRIDE in boxing a complete fighter, he takes PRIDE in schooling his opponent for 12 Rounds, he takes PRIDE in dominating his opponent MENTALLY THEN PHYSICALLY

So your going to have to bring more to the table then just Physical Attributes (Being Faster Then Him Or Having More Power Then Him) that alone won't come close to beating Mayweather...MENTAL! You gotta beat Mentally Strong in and Outside of the Ring and Gotta have the In Ring IQ and to me not many fighters have that other then Andre Ward and Chad Dawson and both are too big for Ward, then you have Chemito Moreno who is currently too small for him but you do have someone like Austin Trout at 154 who is a Smart High In Ring IQ Boxer

but the fighters that would give Mayweather the most trouble, fans are not calling for those matches, they keep calling for him to fight all these OVERRATED FIGHTERS who's only chance of beating Mayweather is a LUCKY PUNCH and even that might not be enough because it is not like Mayweather can't take a Punch

so it is a great chance Mayweather retires UNDEFEATED because current fans today don't respect TRUE BOXING SKILLS so they are actually making Mayweather job EASY without even knowing it

Comment

Try your damndest to fight like Julio Cesar Chavez...

Comment

Lol I wasn't trying to quote u, I'm always on here but never post I don't know how 2 post without quoting, my bad bro

Comment

Working...
                      X