No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Mayweather vs. Brook Would Sell Out Wembley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
    Well I meant one of us on NSB. It was a joke. From what I understand he's huge in England. Maybe I'm wrong.
    No, you're not wrong .... Floyd is quite popular in the UK - I can't remember one time that he's been over there and wasn't mobbed. Any fight with a British Champion vs Floyd would do well especially in the UK since it would be a first.

I don't know how knuckleheaded dweebs think they can speak for a whole country and its citizens without a shred of evidence, outside of their ill-conceived moronic statements.

Comment

I'm from London - Mayweather (definately) and Pacquiao (maybe) are the only foreign boxers who would sell out Wembley. Froch v Groves did it for the rematch, but it definitely wouldn't have for the first fight. Let's not forget Froch is the biggest boxer in the UK in my opinion, albeit Khan is a close second. Wembley is just too big, it seats 90k for football and they can probably get more in for boxing if they wanted - not even England's football team sells it out consistently.

Brook ain't selling Wembley out without at least one of the four above names on the card (unless tickets are free), forget about Canelo and Cotto, its not the USA - there are no Mexicans or Puerto Ricans in London.

Comment

Working...
      X