Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you give floyd credit for dominating jmm like no 1's ever done?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shortly after this fight I had a discussion with someone about Floyd's performance. They thought Mayweather didn't deserve credit for beating a smaller man. While I wasn't impressed with "Money's" win, I felt he deserved credit for utterly dominating a great fighter. It was no contest from start to finish. I don't fault people for criticizing Floyd's choice of opponent, but I recognize his brilliance that night.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
      no 1's beat him like that....floyd won every round..do you give him credit?

hardly any

marquez is a small lightweight and floyd still missed his weight
      he tried to stop him and was unable

marquez has taken far more severe beatings in victory and defeat

not impressed.

he's one of the best boxers to ever live
      but that's hardly a showcase for ATG skills (going against a career FW as a WW at the end of his career)

Comment

Originally posted by Eaner0919 View Post
        no and why should we? You can make a lot of great techinical fighters seem mortal by putting them beyond their ceiling in terms of weight class. JMM had no business being at 144 and before you or anyone claim fight night weight being the same explain to me why JMM promptly went back down to 135 right after this fight

Mayweather gets no credit from me I knew he would dominate I knew it was too much for JMM to handle and the result was totally what I expected
        Interesting point. I made a somewhat similar point to IMDAZED about PAc and Cotto. Cotto said 145 was no big deal but after the Manny fight he never fopught at 147 again. So to me

Comment

Originally posted by PAKYO View Post
          No. I expected a lot more but he didn't deliver as what he was yakking/promising...bs fight and to think he had the nerve to cheat jmm...
          How did he cheat JMM? He paid him the $600k for being 2lbs over. He honored the terms of the contract. Of course the only reason JMM agreed to that was because he was making his biggest payday ever.

Comment

Don't give him credit for beating a lightweight but the fact remains he gave JMM a boxing lesson, and JMM is probably is the top 3 boxers today with the highest ring IQ. I would've liked to see Floyd at least fight him @ 140 but he's a solid 147 pounder now days. Still I pick Floyd beating him at any weight class, I believe JMM deep down knows that too.

Comment

I do give him credit but JMM looked tiny compared to Floyd, it was obvious that nothing he could do was going to bother Floyd.

Comment

context is everything...

• CONTEXT 1 = floyd dominating #2 p4p as first fight after retirement: YES credit

• CONTEXT 2 = having a LW gain 20lbs in a training camp to a catchweight that floyd didnt even stick to (jmm losing speed & timing... essential for his counter-punching style): NO credit

so keeping things UNBIASED, i think it was a great display for floyd... it showcased his impeccable timing and ring IQ. a VERY solid win for floyd.

BUT... considering the circumstances, one CANNOT overlook the obvious handicap... at the announcement of the fight, EVERYONE knew it was going to be a mismatch (not a knock on jmm, but more on the reality of weightclasses).

so yeah, floyd gets credit but it shouldnt be exaggerated.... thats like giving pac too much credit for beating oscar.

Comment

That fight never happened.

Comment

credit, uhh yeah a lil bit but respect definitely no..floyd still cheated on the scales against a lightweight.

Comment

Floyd will only get credit for the Corrales win nothing less....He's too good to get props. The only chance he gets props for this win is if JMM has a life and death battle with Manny, but still people wil find a way to discredit him

Comment

Working...
                      X