• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martinez-Murray Compubox Punch Stats.

If you take compubox as the be all end all then it looks like Murray won

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
      If you take compubox as the be all end all then it looks like Murray won
      If you watched the fight Murray did win. Landed the better more powerful punches throughout and dropped Martinez twice, but only 1 was given.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
        If you watched the fight Murray did win. Landed the better more powerful punches throughout and dropped Martinez twice, but only 1 was given.
        I haven't seen it yet TBH. I know about the second KD not being ruled. Will have to watch it before passing judgement.

Comment

You don't need to have compubox tell u that Murray landed more cleaner and harder punches, just watch the fight

Comment

Compubox definitely reflects the fight. I don't think there was one round from the 4th through the 11th where Martinez landed better punches than Murray. Any rounds he won in that timeframe was purely from activity.

Comment

He was never going to win in Argentina. A Brit fighting him in Argentina? No chance.

Comment

Murray should have known what he was up against when he signed the contract. Giving up the early rounds and hoping to win a close decision was not going to happen. He should have learned from the Sturm fight. If it's a close decision the hometown guy, the champion, will always win the title.

He had to beat Sergio down so convincingly to win the title. I thought he gave away the last two rounds which really hurt him.

Martinez should do what Roy Jones Jr. didn't do when he got a gift against Tarver in their first fight. He should consider calling it a career. He is falling apart, getting injured, he's made his money now it's time to leave the sport.

Comment

The funny thing is before I saw the compubox stats, I had the fight exactly like how it shows who outlanded who, like round for round I have it exactly like CB without even being influenced by it. It's just something you can see for yourself per round, I didn't need compubox. It's just something I noticed after scoring the fight on my own.

Rounds 1, 2, 3, 7, 11, 12 for Martinez
                  Rounds 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10 for Murray

I counted two KD's, that's 114-112 Murray, even if I only count the official KD it's 114-113 for Murray.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
                    Murray should have known what he was up against when he signed the contract. Giving up the early rounds and hoping to win a close decision was not going to happen. He should have learned from the Sturm fight. If it's a close decision the hometown guy, the champion, will always win the title.

He had to beat Sergio down so convincingly to win the title. I thought he gave away the last two rounds which really hurt him.

Martinez should do what Roy Jones Jr. didn't do when he got a gift against Tarver in their first fight. He should consider calling it a career. He is falling apart, getting injured, he's made his money now it's time to leave the sport.

This is how I feel. I scored the fight for Murray and felt he was more than deserving of the nod.

But in reality you can't go to a fighter's hometown, give away rounds and expect to win a decision. It's not right but its just how boxing has worked for however many years.

On a positive note though, Murray earned himself numerous more chances and will have another opportunity to capitalize in a big fight. .

Comment

Working...
                    X