Comments Thread For: Klitschko vs. Povtekin Dispute is Resolved By The WBA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The RealDeal View Post
    Why do they want to avoid Povetkin so much ? :Facepalm:

It's not like he is a real threat now is it?
    They can make more money if they fight in a big outdoor stadium in summer.

Povetkin is a household name in Russia because of winning Gold at the 2004 Olympics, and of course the Klitschkos are very popular.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      This is good news.

I hope Wlad fights either Adamek or Boytsov on April 6, although it looks like it will be Solis.

No other Ring ranked top ten HWs are available for that date, unless Sauerland is willing to permit Pulev or Helenius to fight Wlad.
      After a year where he fought Mormeck and Wach, Solis is inexcusable trash. There HAS to be something better because just about anything would be.

That said, don't feel bad for Povetkin. He's avoided (hard to say ducked since he has nothing Wlad wants) Wlad for years and now is getting old so he'll cash out. Wlad should have a nice KO there.

Comment

This is good news.

I hope Wlad fights either Adamek or Boytsov on April 6, although it looks like it will be Solis.

No other Ring ranked top ten HWs are available for that date, unless Sauerland is willing to permit Pulev or Helenius to fight Wlad.
        I'd be game for any of those names except Adamek. Zero interest in that fight for me.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
          After a year where he fought Mormeck and Wach, Solis is inexcusable trash. There HAS to be something better because just about anything would be.
          True.

I've usually defended Wlad's choices in the past (for example, he had to fight Thompson the second time because the IBF mandated it, and Wach was at least undefeated, fit and durable).

But Solis has ONE win in two years, a decision win over Airich (who was KOed in round one by Tye Fields and Manuel Charr) and Odlanier became tired after a few rounds and struggled in the second half of that fight.

As a fan of Wlad, I'll feel embarrassed if he goes ahead and fights Solis.

He should at least fight a ranked contender (Solis has dropped out of all the ABC rankings).
          Last edited by The Hammer; 01-30-2013, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by The RealDeal View Post
            Why do they want to avoid Povetkin so much ? :Facepalm:

It's not like he is a real threat now is it ?

Wlad and Bern Beonte = :Thumbsdown:
            Yeah, that is absolutely ridiculous!

Comment

True.

I've usually defended Wlad's choices in the past (for example, he had to fight Thompson the second time because the IBF mandated it, and Wach was at least undefeated, fit and durable).

But Solis has ONE win in two years, a decision win over Airich (who was KOed in round one by Tye Fields and Manuel Charr) and Odlanier became tired after a few rounds in that fight and struggled in the second half of the fight.

As a fan of Wlad, I'll feel embarrassed if he goes ahead and fights Solis.

He should at least fight a ranked contender (Solis has dropped out of all the ABC rankings).
              Solis is an unprofessional joke. If Wlad got upset, it would be a fitting fate for taking a fight this bad.

No qualms with Thompson. he was a legit top ten guy who earned his second crack. Happens when you clean out a class. This is about as compelling as Holmes-Marvis Frazier.

Comment

I can stomach a Solis fight if Wlad fights Povetkin this summer. Cool.

As for the fall....?

Fury?

Comment

Good news.
                  As for Solis, he must be rusty and fat, hopefully they can find a more worthy opponent. Solis might tko himself with his knee again or something,

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
                    I'd be game for any of those names except Adamek. Zero interest in that fight for me.
                    If he were to fight Adamek as a voluntary and have him bypass the Adamek vs Pulev IBF eliminator in the process i would be pissed. Adamek doesn't deserve a shot, it would be horribly uncompetitive and they would be screwing Pulev.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                      If he were to fight Adamek as a voluntary and have him bypass the Adamek vs Pulev IBF eliminator in the process i would be pissed. Adamek doesn't deserve a shot, it would be horribly uncompetitive and they would be screwing Pulev.
                      Adamek-Pulev should go ahead hopefully

Comment

Working...
                      X