Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jim Lampley: "Khan has a better chance of beating Mayweather than Pacquiao does"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
    Jim jumping off the bandwagon??? Is Larry next???
    what ever happened to larry merchant? i haven't seen him commentating too much since the mayweather fight...........

Comment

I agree........he's younger and not 1-dimensional. Pac has no chance.

Comment

i think Khan could give Mayweather some problems for a few rounds because of his speed, jab, height, and length...BUT once Mayweather gets him timed he will be in real trouble and I believe ready to be stopped somewhere around the 10th. Khan has a tendency to jump/leap in on offense and against a guy with Mayweather's precision punching/timing that is going to end badly. mayweather would start walking Khan down somewhere around the 5th round and it would be downhill for Khan after that. this fight would really show Khan's lack of an inside game and just how strong Mayweather's inside game really is.

Comment

COMPLETELY agree with this statement. I've always said it for years, the only way to beat Mayweather is to box him, but unfortunately, no one has the ability to do that, so they have to try to rough him up.

Khan is the only fighter out there that has the ability to stand in the middle of the ring and box with Mayweather. Pacquiao, as great a fighter as he is, simply can't do that. He doesn't have the size, reach, nor skill. His only option would be to attack Mayweather, which simply leaves him more open to counters

Comment

I agree, I've been saying this the last year, Khan is much faster and dynamic then Pacquiao.

Comment

Khan got slapped silly all over the ring by "slow as erosion" Maidana. He gets stopped by Floyd at 147.

Comment

Amir can handle any style. Any.

Manny can't.

That's the big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Dunkeroo23 View Post
                  http://www.hbo.com/boxing/fights/201...-overview.html

"A year ago, you'd have laughed me out for suggesting this, but even I had a hunch, and now I'm going to go ahead and say it: I think ultimately Khan has a better chance of beating Mayweather than Pacquiao does," Lampley opined. "I think his height and his long arms and the ability to operate behind the really offensive jab, those things would give him a better chance, stylistically, than Pacquiao has. It's going to be a matter of timing, but just from the standpoint of his weaponry, to me, Amir has a better shot. That could be a tremendous overestimation of his talent and I could look foolish for saying it, but I just feel like he's getting better every single day and the other two guys can feel it"
                  Khan does, but his chin doesn't. Mayweather knocks him out. I know Mayweather isn't a big puncher, but Khan moves up and takes a counter to the chin, he's gone.

If Pacquiao has one more fight in him and doesnt look like **** like against Mosley and Marquez, he can still win. Mayweather is a great counter puncher but at the same time is defensive first, that's a lot of time for Pac to land greazy shots and rack up points. Mayweather will only pot shot, and set up single punch counters. If you swarm him he won't fight back, hell shell roll and turtle on the ropes and look to re align himself.
                  Last edited by them_apples; 12-05-2011, 03:59 PM.

Comment

Khan has a better chance but he still gets KTFO in the first 3.

Comment

come to think of it, khan does have a slightly better chance at beating floyd because of their style.. both khan and floyd would probably be staring at eachother most of the time telling the other one to throw first so the other can counter lol..
                      Last edited by PACsmash; 12-05-2011, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X