Who was the best offensive fighter in history

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
    Greb did lack power though.
    I'm not so sure about that. He may not have had crushing power but he had almost as many KO's as some fighters mentioned had fights.

He wasn't known as 'Fearless' Harry Greb or the Pittsburgh Windmill for no reason. The guy was an offensive fighter, and as you and I and everyone in this section knows, he was a damn good one.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      I already touched on why it's difficult to measure.

But from what I have seen I would say Joe Louis.

From what I have read maybe Harry Greb or Bob Fitzsimmons.

But seriously anyone in this section could reel off 50 names off the top of their head, it's such a difficult task.
      I agree completely. There are too many fighters who can be listed and overlooked.

Comment

Hank Armstrong hasn't been mentioned yet.

Comment

I'm not so sure about that. He may not have had crushing power but he had almost as many KO's as some fighters mentioned had fights.

He wasn't known as 'Fearless' Harry Greb or the Pittsburgh Windmill for no reason. The guy was an offensive fighter, and as you and I and everyone in this section knows, he was a damn good one.
          Of course of course, there is no doubt he was the Henry Armstrong of his era (another choice) I'm just mentioning he didn't have the Power of say Robinson or Hearns.
          He was obviously a pressure fighter who wore you down.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
            Hank Armstrong hasn't been mentioned yet.
            You seriously beat me by four seconds.

Comment

Of course of course, there is no doubt he was the Henry Armstrong of his era (another choice) I'm just mentioning he didn't have the Power of say Robinson or Hearns.He was obviously a pressure fighter who wore you down.
              Who is?

Mannn trying to name a handful of fighters that are the 'best offensive fighters' in such a historical sport where the aim is to beat the hell out of each other is a damn hard task

I'm going to stick with Joe Louis.

Comment

Who is?

Mannn trying to name a handful of fighters that are the 'best offensive fighters' in such a historical sport where the aim is to beat the hell out of each other is a damn hard task

I'm going to stick with Joe Louis.
                No I know no-one is saying it but, in offense that's a large factor, so it's like Joe Frazier for toughness he has everyhting but, his chin lets him get bested by the likes of LaMotta, Basilio, Hagler etc.

Comment

No I know no-one is saying it but, in offense that's a large factor, so it's like Joe Frazier for toughness he has everyhting but, his chin lets him get bested by the likes of LaMotta, Basilio, Hagler etc.
                  Yeah, I follow, bro.

Ray Robinson is an excellent choice.

Comment

Jose Napoles, he has one of the most fluid offense ever. Plus look at how this guy uses his offense for defense as well, he throws punches to smother or stop oncoming punches.

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
                      I find this subject hard to pick for the most part, but I don't think Hearns is on the same level as Robinson in terms of offensive, not only could he fight at all distances, but he had a much better chin too.
                      Nah, I wouldnt put Hearns over Robinson either. but hes certainly up there when the subject is 'greatest offensive fighter of all time'.

Comment

Working...
                      X