No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Marquez Muscular, Aims to Knock Pacquiao Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.aolnews.c...motions560.jpg

of course Marquez is juiced up. you can put on muscle but that does mean your head gets bigger.

anyway who cares Pacquiao by UD or SD seems like a lock. Pacquiao "lost" to Bradley because his contract was almost up and Uncle Bob had to let Pac-man who's the real boss.

Pacquiao signed a two year extension with Arum so he'll win in order to fight Rios. bet

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
      I'm 35 and 2 stone heavier than when I was 22. I've never really trained that hard either. I'm pretty sure if I can do it clean then somebody with Marquez' work ethic could easily do it. Maybe you should get off your arse and work out one day. You might surprise yourself.

you build muscle best in your early to mid 20's, and your ability to build it diminishes as you go through your 30's. smaller men peak earlier as well. a big man might not fill out until his late 20's and early 30's

a small man, which marquez is, might have hit his physical peak by his early 20's

marquez making a huge leap at his age only under the tutelage of a known steroid dealer, user, and expert chemist, raises huge flags. huge.

huge.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        you build muscle best in your early to mid 20's, and your ability to build it diminishes as you go through your 30's. smaller men peak earlier as well. a big man might not fill out until his late 20's and early 30's

a small man, which marquez is, might have hit his physical peak by his early 20's

marquez making a huge leap at his age only under the tutelage of a known steroid dealer, user, and expert chemist, raises huge flags. huge.

huge.
        The rule of the game says a man is innocent until proven guilty. Circumstantial evidence doesn't guarantee an accurate conclusion. Just sayin'.

Comment

Oh yeah! That's totally natural.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

huge.
            But it's not as if Marquez was a bodybuilder all that time and couldn't get results.

He's had 2-3 years to make himself a solid welterweight capable of trading with Manny Pacquiao, and we don't even know if he's managed that yet.

Putting 10-12lbs of lean mass on in that period is not an impossible feat, even for someone in their late thirties, if that is what they are specifically targeting.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
              Actually my friend you are wrong, in fact she was fired from the ring magazine for wanting to publicly question USADA's contracts..namely the one with GBP which of course also own the ring magazine. We typically hear the words USADA is testing..the problem here is they aren't actually testing at an olympic level, nor do they disclose the entire list of what they test boxers for. The truth is if a promoter wants to they can completely do what they want with a positive result even go as far as to not make it public information entirely...how? Well many have been vocally critical of USADA and the rules because of various loopholes. Since USADA isn't answering to any federal body they can allow any type of stipulation they want in the contract they make with the promoter or fighter themselves. Matter of fact read the winky wright story regarding testing for his fight with Quillin. If after hearing it directly from Winky himself you don't believe USADA is bullshhh then man that's on you..Olympic testing to me is random urine and blood year round. If you want to earn millions boxing you shouldn't have any issue with this..there are plenty of sporting bodies that already do this and they have zero brutality in them like boxing does.

Matter of fact here's the link..

http://www.maxboxing.com/news/max-bo...the-same-field

I have yet to see, including in that article, comments from Goodman that were negative against USADA.

Goodman was fired from Ring Magazine because Richard Schaefer had major issues with her informing them on positive tests. Goodman is on record saying she was surprised she wasn't fired earlier. When Peterson tested positive, Goodman did not tell Golden Boy. As a result, Schaefer couldn't play damage control. Next, Goodman seemingly failed to tell Schaefer about Berto's positive results. Instead, it was Al Haymon who told Schaefer. And that is why VADA isn't used anymore too.

Both VADA and USADA test for the same things, adhering to the same WADA protocol. Loopholes exist with both VADA and USADA by default because they are voluntary programs in boxing.

For instance, VADA does not report positive or negative test results to the public or to anyone without the consent of the fighter. It is only the Commission that gets the result. If the Commission feels that the positive result isn't anything to be worried about, the fight will go on. And both VADA and USADA contracts have not been seen by anyone other than the fighters and promoters. So who knows what's really in them?

Goodman has said in interviews that year round Olympic testing is very difficult to implement in boxing because of the off-seasons and other issues. It's almost impossible to implement because you'd have to do it all across the board and then comes the financial expense. Also, it has effects on business, meaning fights can get cancelled at the last minute. A major problem. List goes on...

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
                Oh yeah! That's totally natural.
                I am curious to know how do you explain Manny's situation, please, go ahead!

Comment

The OP already admit that he's just speculating based on circumstances. Nothing is definite.

Comment

Weird, we see photos of a fighter working out hard and getting ready for the fight of his career and all some people can do is suggest that he is juiced,,, this guy has given the sport his best and I believe this is no different.
                    Just a hard working Mexican, I can respect that...

Comment

Originally posted by EDD1 View Post
                      Weird, we see photos of a fighter working out hard and getting ready for the fight of his career and all some people can do is suggest that he is juiced,,, this guy has given the sport his best and I believe this is no different.
                      Just a hard working Mexican, I can respect that...

hardworking and a mexican?

Comment

Working...
                      X