Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Oscar De La Hoya's resume. How many losses if any?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think he'd lose to prime Mosley at 147, maybe wins at 154, obviously Hopkins

He'd beat Trinidad the same way he beat Corrales (maybe not by KO, but the same type of fight)

Vargas on steroids might be fairly close after seeing what Cotto did to him

Other than that, he should do just fine

Chavez Sr. I think he'd outbox... And I think prime Floyd is too fresh for the Sweat Pea Oscar fought

Comment

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
      I think he'd lose to prime Mosley at 147, maybe wins at 154, obviously Hopkins

He'd beat Trinidad the same way he beat Corrales (maybe not by KO, but the same type of fight)

Vargas on steroids might be fairly close after seeing what Cotto did to him

Other than that, he should do just fine

Chavez Sr. I think he'd outbox... And I think prime Floyd is too fresh for the Sweat Pea Oscar fought
      Ya, the versions of Sr and Pea that Oscar fought would lose by UD to Floyd. But a **** load of challenges for Floyd if he had fought Oscar's career. The Manny that Oscar fought would have been very tough as well as the likes of Sturm-Hopkins-Mosley x2-Trinidad-Vargas

Comment

I'd have rather seen Mosley vs Mayweather at lightweight, to be honest. Fantasy fight, and not relevant to this thread, but that would have been epic.

Comment

No way Floyd goes through that resume without at least 1 loss.

Comment

He could beat Hopkins.

By DQ

Comment

GAYWEATHER DUCKED OSCAR DIDN'T END OF STORY... I know I'll get heat for this since most people here all they know is may & PAC.

Comment

A Prime Floyd vs. a Prime Mosley would not have been a toss-up either. A great fight, but no. That's a Floyd UD any way you spin it. Floyd was just the more well-rounded and dynamic of the two, especially at 130-135

And Oscar didn't scrap a prime Chavez or Sweet Pea so I got Floyd winning those too, although a prime Sweet Pea beats Floyd.

Only fight i see Floyd losing here is a Catchweight Hopkins even at the time Oscar fought him.
                Last edited by MalikKnucklez; 07-24-2012, 02:47 AM.

Comment

He loses to Hopkins, he loses to Pernell Whitaker, he has a war with Mosley.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    what if oscar had floyd's resume? probably be undefeated as well. i guess he's the greatest of all time now? no wait baldomir would get him...
                    Best post here.

Comment

He beats the whole resume 154 and under; struggling with Sweet Pea (especially) and Quartey. I won't comment on Hopkins and Sturm cause I never saw Floyd fight a middleweight.

Comment

Working...
                      X