Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If not Maidana or Matts, who is Erik going to fight for a title?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
    I didn't think of the "import a lightweight" option.

Rios is a TR guy. I thought about Alvarado getting the shot too but he is also a Top Rank guy and I think GBP wants to keep this promotion in-house.
    It's not bro. Alfonso Gomez is TR.

Comment

Katsidis would be a great choice too. He'd have a good chance of winning and the fight would be war. I really hope GB get a good short notice opponent. I do not want Morales vs. Bum.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
        I'd love a Kendall Holt-Erik Morales fight.
        I would too but Kendall is signed to fight Danny Swift already.

Comment

Originally posted by goblin213 View Post
          It's not bro. Alfonso Gomez is TR.
          Ah, I totally thought he was GBP. Thanks.

Still, you think they can come to terms with a top opponent within 10 days?

This cancellation is really a buzzkill.
          Last edited by Elotero; 09-08-2011, 04:45 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
            I would too but Kendall is signed to fight Danny Swift already.
            Isn't that going to be on a GB card? I'm sure they can pay his opponent some step aside money to make this fight possible. A bigger problem would be if Kendall Holt can make 140 in 10 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Rode View Post
              Katsidis would be a great choice too. He'd have a good chance of winning and the fight would be war. I really hope GB get a good short notice opponent. I do not want Morales vs. Bum.
              The thing is WBC is getting their fee so if they cancel the fight, they don't get their fee.

If a top opponent can't be found I wouldn't put it past them to "approve" Morales vs Bum as a title fight.

Comment

This cancellation will be a blow (inless they find a decent replacement)....there's alot of buzz about how good the undercard is for this one, not seen such a good undercard for a big fight in ages!

Comment

Morales vs Jesse Vargas........lets do it

Comment

Originally posted by BIGBOXINGFAN View Post
                    Morales vs Jesse Vargas........lets do it
                    Maybe. What would they do with Josesito though?

That fight would effectively turn this from a 4 card PPV to a 3 card PPV, unless they can get someone to replace Vargas and fight Josesito.
                    Last edited by Elotero; 09-08-2011, 04:57 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

I'm looking foward to Vargas-Lopez. I don't like the idea of Vargas-Morales as much. Josesito looked very impressive when he KO'd Mike Dallas Jr. This is a perfect step up fight for Vargas.

I just read in another thread GB is looking at Crolla. I never heard of him, but I checked his boxrec and I'm not too excited about this fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X