Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      Whos a fan of creepy art?

THIS GUY

Comment

piggy not all yanks look like that!

... But most do

Comment

Actually Walter Richard Sickert is a pretty creepy artist. I've seen one of his paintings, Jack the Ripper's Bedroom, in real life.

Patricia Cornwell believes that Sickert was the Ripper.

This one is called The Camden Town Murder or What Shall We Do For the Rent

Jack the Ripper's Bedroom

Comment

Zdzislaw Beksinski is nuts.

Check out this gallery for more.
            http://art.vniz.net/en/beksinski/
            Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 05-31-2014, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Surrealism has a lot of creepy and trippy paintings. Especially some vinyl covers for progressive rock music.

Comment

Took an art history class in college, dropped it doe. I just don't get it maybe but anything can constitute art if you say it does and is thus not worth much thought really.

Comment

Originally posted by Infamous View Post
                  What's so great about it... I'm not an artist, but I'm sure I can learn how to sketch and shade those drawings...

Edit: Look up Paul Booth or Jenny Saville for some art taken to the next level
                  I dont think art works that way. That if you can copy it, its not that great. I dont think its about skill and technique anymore. Maybe it never really was.

A line drawing or sketch can be just as powerful as a huge masterpiece.

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                  Took an art history class in college, dropped it doe. I just don't get it maybe but anything can constitute art if you say it does and is thus not worth much thought really.
                  Defining art is weird.
                  A quote ive heard before is "art is what artists do". Which is pretty much bollocks.
                  Also, there is a story about people studying a strange small sculpture on a art gallery wall. It turns out it was the thermostat.

And a photographer once said that he is always seeing something, and never seeing nothing. Which i think means he sees value in all things. So maybe all things can be art is looked at in the right way. I wouldnt say that makes it meaningless.
                  A guy that rode his bike from country to country for years saw a fly on his bowl of food and started to cry because it was the same size fly he hadnt seen since leaving home. Maybe thats how art works, that we give the art its meaning if we connect with it. But is that 'art'? Fuck knows.

Comment

Wow! All these are great

Comment

Originally posted by The Noose View Post
                      Defining art is weird.
                      A quote ive heard before is "art is what artists do".
                      Art is what art critics write about.

Comment

Working...
                      X