No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Applies Pressure on Edwin Rodriguez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
    You're damn lucky you're being offered $800K. The hell?

This^

Rodriguez is pretty good but he musta blown all his super 4 $s on coke if he thinks he's worth a mil. A decent fighter, but he's just not been in the with the big boys at 168.

Comment

Edwin clearly doesn't think he can win this fight or he would take-it. Al Haymon just wants to get as much cash as he can until Edwin has to fight Andre's previous opponents who lost to him. If I was Andre, I would tell Edwin, "Let's make it $1 million and get this done."

Comment

Maybe Rodriguez doesn't think he is ready but it is one of the best fights out there at super middleweight for both of them.

Comment

I can't believe the money fighters are turning down lately.

Comment

Let's put it the other way: does Mr. Ward want to get $2.2 million purse plus the gate money just by having a tune-up with a nobody?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              I can't believe the money fighters are turning down lately.
              I'm all for fighters fighting for more money.... when they're undersold like crap!
              Gabe Rosado was well within his rights to fight for his purse.
              Edwin's getting paid more than he got paid for in the Super 4 tourney and he's fighting on a bigger stage against a bigger opponent.
              I don't see how the split is unfair.
              Ward's the lineal champ, has fought all the best in 168 and he's done way more than E-Rod has done. 800k sounds more than fair

Comment

800k is more than most World Champs even make...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  Let's put it the other way: does Mr. Ward want to get $2.2 million purse plus the gate money just by having a tune-up with a nobody?
                  What are you getting at?

Comment

They are negotiating. My only problem with this is that they are doing it in public. If Ward doesn't budge and Rodriguez walks away, it is a clear duck though.

Ward TKO6

Comment

Come on people, you need to understand this is a combat sport, and by doing that you need to at least try to make the most out of it, money wise. Why blaming Rodriguez for asking for more money? He could go other way and keep fighting bums for less money, but how about trying to make the most money that he could for getting a loss with Ward? $800K is a lot of money, sure, but how about trying to convince people to make more money. I won't blame him for that. He will lose his 0, so, let him make the most money out of it. I'm sure you too guys would've done the same in Rodriguez's situation.

Comment

Working...
                      X